Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 ghz rx and battery proximity ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 02:58 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.4 ghz rx and battery proximity ?

hi everyone,

just a quick question about battery packs being close to 2.4 RX's will a battery pack cause interfience with the 2.4 rx if its right below it ?

i know ive done it this way with 72 mghz all the time and never had any problems but with 2.4 i am not sure so any help/thought would be great.

thanks in advance .

bassman
Old 09-23-2009, 03:26 PM
lou1947

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 ghz rx and battery proximity ?

I have never had a bit of problem putting them close to each other. I fly with a JR 9303 2.4. Hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:56 PM
pilotpete2

A large battery pack can shadow the receiver antenna. better to keep the antennae away from any large object with 2.4Ghz. The bigger the plane, the easier it is to avoid shadowing from fuel tanks, engines, batteries and motors[8D]
Pete
Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

As Pete mentioned, I think there is a possibility of some shadowing due to the density of the battery material vs. the interference you mention.

In testing my installs, the 2.4GHz Spektrum/JR rx's don't seem to mind being between voltage regulators, near wing tubes, fuel tanks or aluminum gear re-enforcement. However when placed between two rx battery packs, I had fades showing up.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:38 AM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the replies, so far there seems to be no interference with it from the testing I've done so i think it will be ok.

i have it set up on the servo tray with the RX on top of the tray and battery under the tray opposite they RX. will do a little more testing to be safe.

the antenna's are both beyond the battery at 90 degree's so should be ok.

bassman
Old 09-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Guillermo Ibanez
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: lou1947

I have never had a bit of problem putting them close to each other. I fly with a JR 9303 2.4. Hope this helps.
Neither do I having my Rx antennas under a 4200 mAH NiMH receiver battery pack. I am using Futaba FASST 2.4 Ghz
Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You didn't say which 2.4 system you are using. If you are using JR/Spektrum, don't worry about it. The remote receiver will not allow the battery to block your signals. I don't have the Futaba system, but their antennae seem fairly long. Shouldn't be an issue. If you are using the JR/Spektrum system and have access to the data log device, do a range check and then see what the numbers say as to antenna fades.