Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX2.0 to DX3.0 conversion step by step instructions inside

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX2.0 to DX3.0 conversion step by step instructions inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 PM
claserdesigns
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX2.0 to DX3.0 conversion step by step instructions inside

I don't if this have been posted before but here is a step by step instructions on how to convert your DX2.0 radio into a DX3.0 by only relocating one resistor. I found this information on google and decided to do a new instructions with better pictures.

Here is a video after the mod was done
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fII1NzMchGY[/youtube]

http://www.claserdesigns.com/dx20-dx30conversion.html

Old 09-29-2009, 06:58 PM
claserdesigns
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Spektrum DX2.0 to DX3.0 conversion step by step instructions inside

Aparently imageshack.us went down with my pictures, so I put them in my website.

Have anyone tried this mod yet?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 AM
tracar

it works just like the tutorial says.

but considering the components and their size i recomend this mod for experts on a saudering iron only !!! (some alloys used on circuit boards (sauder) have a melting temp starting at 90°C)
where as most lead/tin /resin/acid core sauders melt around 190°C so a standard saudering iron will be WAYTOOHOT !!!! use a variable temperature saudering iron and some de-saudering wick.
holding the saudering gun on the pcb too long will damage and can lift (seperate) the copper traces from the board
and REMEMBER to remove the battery before you sauder....
Old 03-08-2010, 12:30 AM
tracar

ORIGINAL: tracar

it works just like the tutorial says.

but considering the components and their size i recomend this mod for experts on a saudering iron only !!! (some alloys used on circuit boards (sauder) have a melting temp starting at 90°C)
where as most lead/tin /resin/acid core sauders melt around 190°C so a standard saudering iron will be WAYTOOHOT !!!! use a variable temperature saudering iron and some de-saudering wick.
holding the saudering gun on the pcb too long will damage and can lift (seperate) the copper traces from the board
and REMEMBER to remove the battery before you sauder....

another thing is to remove the single screw at the end of the antenna base and slide it out of the way, and for safe measures i unplugged the antenna to have clear acess to all the components