Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Kraft Radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
john schicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft Radio

Hi to all .I have purchessed a Kraft Radio series 72 6 channel and it is on freq 36 .450 and would like to know if some one would have a receiver or crystal on that freq that i could purchess .the other i would like to know if i removed the crystalin the transmitter and placed another with a matching freq would it work say 72.160 .Looking for help .Kind regards John[sm=confused.gif]
Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 PM
tigrejohn
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Kraft Radio

First off: DO NOT attempt to change the frquency OR the channel of the transmitter. Just changing the channel crystal on the transmitter will require that the internals will have to be re-tuned to that new channel to maintain its original signal strength and range. And the probable cost of changing its frequency to 72.xxx would cost more than you probably paid for a 37 year old transmitter, just changing the crystal won't do it. Plus I don't know if 72.xxx is legal in NZ.

Basically, you are going to have to find an auto-shift receiver with its matching brand crystal on 36.450. I say this as I can't remember that far back if Kraft was an upper sideband or lower sideband system. And that mixing brands on receiver and crystal combinations sometimes doesn't work.

Hopefully, you haven't purchased a paperweight.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:15 PM
john schicker

Thanks john for the info .Ihave just purchessed a Crystal on the 36.450 mgz From a radio teck here in new zealand .so should be able to get it to work .Many thanks for your advice .it sure pays not to rush in ....john from new zealand [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
coriolan

ORIGINAL: tigrejohn

First off: DO NOT attempt to change the frquency OR the channel of the transmitter. Just changing the channel crystal on the transmitter will require that the internals will have to be re-tuned to that new channel to maintain its original signal strength and range. And the probable cost of changing its frequency to 72.xxx would cost more than you probably paid for a 37 year old transmitter, just changing the crystal won't do it. Plus I don't know if 72.xxx is legal in NZ.

Basically, you are going to have to find an auto-shift receiver with its matching brand crystal on 36.450. I say this as I can't remember that far back if Kraft was an upper sideband or lower sideband system. And that mixing brands on receiver and crystal combinations sometimes doesn't work.

Hopefully, you haven't purchased a paperweight.
This is only valid for US and Canada, most other country allow Tx crystals to be swaped "IN THE SAME BAND"[8D]