Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

will these work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:09 PM
unitoo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will these work?

Hey all. i have a futaba R168DF RX. And I have a jr 7202 TX.

Will these work?
I have my RX and TX set to the same channel. but nothing is working.
I am used to spectrum and scan select receivers. This is new to me.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 11:26 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: will these work?

No, the futaba uses negative shift and the JR uses positive shift. You have to match the shift of the radio not just the channel. Airtronics and JR are positive and FUtaba and hitech are negitive, but hitech also makes positive shift and shift adjusting receivers for the brands that need them.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:53 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The JR 7202 Tx is capable of PCM and PPM Modulation. While the Futaba 168DF Rx is a PPM Rx, it is not compatible with the JR Tx. One is Positive Shift and the other is Negative Shift.

In general, JR Tx's are not compatible with Futaba Rx's. If you were to buy a Hitec PPM Rx, they are Auto Shift and can be used with either JR or Futaba, but only when the Tx Model Memory is set to PPM Modulation. There are no 3rd party PCM Rx's.

The Tx and Rx you mention are probably on 72Mhz.

A Scan Select Rx is Synthesized and can be set to any Channel on the 72Mhz band without having to change a crystal. The JR R2000 is a 10ch Scan Select Rx, for example. You can buy 72Mhz Synthesized RF Modules for some JR or Futaba Tx's on 72Mhz. A Synthesized RF Module lets you dial the Channel you need to use and their are no Crystals.

The Spektrum systems are only on 2.4Ghz and only work with JR or Spektrum 2.4 Tx's and Rx's. They have nothing to do with 72Mhz PPM or PCM and/or Scan Select Rx's.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:57 PM
BuschBarber

The same is true with 35Mhz, 59Mhz, or 53Mhz systems, as well. I do not know if there are Synthesized RF Modules or Scan Select Rx's on 35Mhz. We do not have that band in the US.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:38 PM
unitoo1

Thanks so much for the info..

What should I do.?? I have the jr 7202 and I have a dx7 specktrum tx. But it seems like If i get a specktrum receiver, then the servos wont fit in the plugs... They are different.
Should I buy a JR reciever or spektrum. Then shave off the plug ends so they fit? I read this someplace too. They said i dont have to replace the servo connectors. just shave them down to fit.... True or false?

Do I really need to get a new reciever AND all new servos?? I heard someplace I can snip the ends off the servos and put JR ends on them. Is this true?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 PM
pilotpete2

True, Futaba servo plugs just need to have the orientation fin trimmed off, no need to replace the plug[8D]
BTW, if you were to get an auto shift PPM receiver from Hitec, such as the Neutron 6, I'm pretty sure it has the slots in the case to take Futaba plugs directly.
Pete
Old 10-14-2009, 03:12 PM
unitoo1

hmm... So I could buy a specktrum RX and shave the plugs down from my futaba servos? Then use my dx7?

This would be great seeing as I have 2 specktrum ar500 receivers in some parkzone foamies here.

I looked at the RX you suggested. for that price It seems I should just get the specktrum RX and shave the futaba servo plugs down.. Couldnt find that RX real cheap.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Druss

Yep, just take a sharp hobby knife and shave those little tabs off and you're fine.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:24 AM
unitoo1

perfect!!! Thanks!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:46 AM
BuschBarber

I have found that the connectors on Spektrum Rx's are even tighter than the ones on JR Rx's. This means that even a JR Male connector is somewhat difficult to plug into a Spektrum Rx. It has to be aligned perfectly with the hole.

A Futaba Male connector, even with the Fin shaved off, is very difficult to fit into a Spektrum Rx. it fits extremely tight, and puts a strain on the wires when trying to pull it out again. You need to also Bevel the corners of the Futaba Male connector on the same corners as the JR and Spektrum Male connectors.

I find it easier to buy an MPI Universal extension that comes with a Futaba Female connector, on one end, and a JR type Male connector on the other end. This way, you do not have to modify the Futaba Male connector at all and the JR connector pushes in and pulls out much easier.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:38 PM
unitoo1

You are correct. It was a bit tight to get them into my ar500 spectrum rx. I plugged them in today, and it worked great. Just clipped the plug off and they worked. I didnt know about those adapters. I might consider that in the future if need be. Thanks for all your help.

Now I just need to figure out why my engine died while in idle. (evolution .32) [:'(]