Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question about Spektrum AR7000

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:29 PM
tsusshie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Spektrum AR7000

Hi,

I trying to buy Spektrum AR7000 receiver. So, I would like to know Is this receiver Ok? I've heard Some flyers crushed at Phoenix QM40 2008 air race because of Spektrum 7ch DSM2 receiver trouble ( I donno It means AR7000 or not). I lust want to know someone has experience of losing control on AR7000, or information such as 'It's already fixxed'.

Thank you.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 PM
N429EM

Default RE: Question about Spektrum AR7000

The AR7000 is no more prone to problems than any other 2.4 Ghz Rx.
If main or satellite receiver is not mounted correctly, you can get loss of signal.
Excessive draw from servos can cause brown-outs.

Mount the main and satellite correctly, and run 6.0v Rx battery, and you'll be fine.

I love my Spektrum equipment.

EJ
Old 10-16-2009, 12:40 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JR/Spektrum has been very solid for me. Most of our club members use JR/Spektrum. Some use Futaba or Hitec. No problems with either, here. A number of members have purchased the DX7 system, which includes the AR7000. You can purchase a Flight Logger to monitor various parameters related to the performance of the Rx signal, as well. It is worth buying.

Despite the fact that the DX7 comes with a 4.8v Rx battery, it is preferred to run 6v. If your servos are not rated for 6v, use a 5v regulator. I use 2cell LiPo Rx batteries, with a 6v regulator. A123 cells can be used without a regulator.

If you purchase a H9 Current/Volt meter, you can measure how much current your servos draw, either individually or the entire system. This will give you an idea of how large an Rx battery to use. Digital servos can put quite a load on your Rx batteries. If you draw more current than your battery can handle, the voltage can drop to a level that will cause most of the 2.4 Rx's to Brownout or Reboot. Newer firmware in the Rx's provides 1sec reboot time. I have not seen this happen but I have heard about it. Be cognoscente of the Failsafe settings. All 2.4 Rx's have settings that determine how each channel will react if the signal is lost to the Rx. The default is usually Throttle to Idle and all other channels will Hold, but some Rx's allow you to have Preset conditions, as well.

You will love the virtual freedom from interference. I have flown for 41 years with 72Mhz and 2.4 is great.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:36 AM
freeair

yes the AR-7000 is a very good / reliable receiver as long as you make sure you mount the main RX and sattelite RX in different positions and not too close together plus use good RX batteries of 6 volts [ 5 cells ] check you RX battery pack under load before any flight to make sure the loaded voltage is within standards. plus you must make sure the receivers lights are on solid and NOT flashing before flight.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:22 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great rx
there is now a new rx which is a good replacement for the 7000- more of the "second generation" in rx
It is a 7 ch setup It does not accept the DataLog but has it's own internal recording of any missed signals OR low voltage
also it can be used as a single rx without the satellite -for sportand park flyer stuff
I am now using em
the do test out as having extremely long range on test mode- I cant help but suspect the innards are different
Thes guys work at staying ahead of the competition .
Old 10-16-2009, 11:23 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dick - what model is this new receiver?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:51 PM
tsusshie

Thank you guys!!
I got it's good recerver, i have to take care the position of satelite and Battery voltage.

Dick
I'd like to know about new Rx. Is it already released?

By the way, Does anyone know about Phoenix QM40 2008 accidents? I've heard most of Spectrum user crushed at the race.