Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How do I adjust the 9ZAP throttle stick?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Texas_Flyer
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I adjust the 9ZAP throttle stick?

I have a Futaba 9ZAP WC2 and I'd like to adjust the tension of the ratchet / detents or maybe even remove the ratcheting completely. How can this be done? I didn't see it in the manual.

Thanks,

Alan
Old 10-26-2009, 08:40 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: How do I adjust the 9ZAP throttle stick?

It's been some time since I had a 9Z, but IIRC there are some black rubber plugs on the backside of the tx which are right above the tension adjustments and two of 'em are underneath the grips.

I can't remember if it's in the manual but thought it was, if not suggest you check out the FAQ section of Futaba's website?????
Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Texas_Flyer

Zeeb,

Thanks for the reply. The manual does show that the aileron, rudder, and elevator sticks can be adjusted for tension but not the throttle. I looked through the holes where a throttle adustment may be and didn't see any screws like on the others. I'm thinking about opening it up to see if there are any adjustments but I've heard it isn't for the faint of heart. If someone else has tried this, I'd like to know what they found. Though I don't have to worry about voiding the warranty (way past that), I also don't want to mess it up.

Alan
Old 10-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Did you look under the grip on the side of the radio where the throttle/rudder stick is?

I cranked up the tension on all my sticks and IIRC, it took me a bit to find one of 'em but don't remember which one????? Gettin old I guess.... lol

I never took the back off mine once I saw pics of what it takes over on another forum, I agree with the statement that opening up a 9Z is not for the faint of heart having several boards, ribbon cables and not much room to work.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Texas_Flyer

Zeeb,

Yes, I did look under the grips. Thanks for the validation that I probably shouldn't open it up. I think I'll ask this question over in the Futaba help forum. Thanks for your help!

Alan