Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Totally Confused (SpektrumDX6i AR6200 etc...)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:47 PM
aerofan07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally Confused (SpektrumDX6i AR6200 etc...)

I'm in the middle of upgrading the electronics in my HZ supercub. Here's the current setup I ordered (2) HS-55's for ailerons, (1) HS-55 for rudder, (1) HS-55 for elevator, an electrifly 25A ESC, a ParkBEC, and a Spektrum 6DXI w/ AR6200 receiver .

1) Do I need a y-adapter to plug both of the ailerons servos into the aileron section of the AR6200 receiver?
2) Are the Hs-55's convertable with the AR6200 or do I need a different kind of connector?
3) Is the ParkBEC a necessity if you're running more than a couple of servos with a 3S lipo?

Thanks in advance...

Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Totally Confused (SpektrumDX6i AR6200 etc...)

Hitec connectors are compatible with Spektrum Rx's. There was a time when Hitec offered servos in JR or Futaba format, but now they come in a Universal format that is compatible with JR/Spektrum.

If you are using one Aileron servo per Aileron, you should be able to connect the Right Aileron servo to Ch2 and the Left Aileron servo to Ch6, then use the Flapperon Mixer. You could also use a Y harness into Ch2. I prefer the Flapperon Mixer if it is available.

The Electrifly ESC should have a built in BEC which provides the proper voltage to the Motor and the Rx. You would need a separate BEC if the ESC did not have one or if the BEC integrated into the ESC could not handle the Current Draw. I would not think you would need a separate BEC given the servos you are using.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:48 PM
aerofan07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Totally Confused (SpektrumDX6i AR6200 etc...)

Thanks Rich!! Should be getting all the stuff in a few days then the fun begins!