Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX-7

Old 10-28-2009, 12:27 PM
mgm52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX-7

Old 10-28-2009, 01:16 PM
onewasp

Default RE: DX-7

The title you chose for your thread certainly wouldn't make anyone want to go very far in helping now would it?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 PM
geekmedic

Well I could not be happier with Spektrum right now. I had issues with my DX7 as well. It would lose its' bind outside of 4 feet from every model. I contacted Customer support, yes they insisted that I send in my transmitter. I did as directed, 2 weeks later to the day I had my transmitter back in hand. Yes, I was not happy to be without my transmitter, but they fixed it for FREE. BTW did mention that I am not the original owner, and my DX7 is long since out of warranty.

I am perfectly happy to send in my Tx, and have it fixed for $12 shipping. I was able to continue to fly using my buddies DX6i.

Also it turned out to be the same problem. Fixed at no cost to me, replaced antenna, replaced antenna board, and one other item that escapes me at the moment.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 AM
mgm52

geekmedic,
Glad you got good service and the Tx fixed.
Thanks for the reply
Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: mgm52

The title you chose for your thread certainly wouldn't make anyone want to go very far in helping now would it?
Huh,
Horizion / Spektrum needs to offer to replace any that crack at no cost. Have you seen a recall or notice posted on the Spektum site?
geekmedic,

You REALLY don't get that ?????
Hard to believe.

BTW
You are applying your breakage to the many thousands of us who have zero such problems and then stating that it is a design flaw. Oh yes, you added five others from your club.

The multi section antennas we used all those years are easily broken and bent too. ......by improper usage .

Old 10-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

People with attitudes like yours combined with a bunch of lawyers running around telling folks they "deserve compensation" can account for most of the issue, besides the fact that the FCC says monkeying around with a radio transmitting device MUST be done by a certified entity.

If you want the antenna replaced, send it in....
Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
mgm52

The thread is dead have fun.