Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba R6014FS Reciever Channel Assignments

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:24 PM
David Brammer
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba R6014FS Reciever Channel Assignments

Need some help? I bought a used Futaba 12FG 2.4 Transmitter with the old R6014FS Reciever, that i am trying to set-up in a 60 size Hanger9 Stick with flaps. I understand that the channel assigments are different and i'm not sure where to plug in my ailerons, flaps, throttle, rudder aand elevator?
My second concern is that i heard this reciever runs on a differant voltage and that my Hitec servos (HS322HD) my not work or stop working in flight?

Need help, i do not want to fly my new plane and radio if i could lose control of the plane.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thank you,

David
Old 10-30-2009, 08:52 PM
readyturn
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Futaba R6014FS Reciever Channel Assignments

You can go to the Futaba web site and download the manual as pdf.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:10 AM
pilotpete2

The 12FG has the ability to assign functions such as dual aileron and elevator servos to sequential channels, so studying the manual is essential.
OK, as to the lower servo signal voltage of the original R6014FS receiver, you will have no problem with those servos, there was one servo in particular that had issues, the Hitec HS5955 if I remember correctly, that was due to a design issue in the servo, which Hitec changed in later production models, they will update older servos for free if you send them in.
Pete
Old 12-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Mitchell-RCU
My Feedback: (49)

You can just select the servo monitor function and it will show you where to plug each one.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 to Mitchell's post. The TX will tell you.

If you want to know more (have an enquiring mind???):

BTW .. the RX does not know anything about channel assignements, the TX does all of that...

The old "AETR" (aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder) convention was broken when the new G3 PCM came out. It has to do with matching and synchronizing movement of multiple channels that perform one function together. On older radios, if you mix channel A to channel B (e.g. two independent elevator halves) you usually could see a time lag from one elevator half moving to the other one moving. This is due to the fact that the channel positions are encoded serially .. that is, since there is only one RF link to the plane, the TX sends an update every n milliseconds (n varies from 7 to 30 depending on the brand, model #, etc) where it sends each channel position strung together. Imagine A=channel 1 position, B=channel 2 position, C=channel 3 position, etc .. then the stream from the TX to the RX is ABCDEFG... ABCDEFG... If that is the case, there is a slight time delay from the time a new Channel 1 position is sent to the RX and the time a new channel 6 position is sent. Now, if channel 1 is left aileron and channel 6 is right, when you move the stick, the left aileron moves sooner than the right. Same for other mixes.

Futaba addressed this in their PCM G3 modulation scheme by making groupings of 4 channels, and updating all of 4 in a group simultaneously. There is of course no magic here, the same serial update is done, but the new info for each group of 4 is released together, not one at a time. Aggregate delay averaged over all channels is the same, but groups of 4 move together with a slight delay penalty since they have to wait for all 4 to be updated before putting and one of the 4 updates out. A good tradeoff if the new radios have faster frame rates.

So... they had to setup channel assignments differently, and depending on the airplane type, it can change, so the radio actually warns/asks you when changing airplane types before it reassigns channel names. You can certainly leave it the old way, or set it up any way you like .. but there is an optimum.

Bax has addressed this on the Futaba support forum, and apparently they don't think this is a big deal anymore on the 2.4 systems due to the faster frame rate and his advice sounded like "don't worry about it". So, just do like Mitchell said, look on the servo monitor screen, and that tells you the channel assignments.

Dave