Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

8FG or Aurora 9

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 05:16 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8FG or Aurora 9

ORIGINAL: TimBle ok that looks nice but I want a Heads up display.
not another voice thrown into the quagmire of sound on the flight line.
No need to worry about other noises, can use ear/headphones.
Keep an eye open for items yet to be announced..
regards
Alan
Old 10-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Pippin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best solution to the question is to put both radio one the desk next to each other. Anytime, I would walk away with the Futaba 8FG. Hitec could have created a winner. But they didn't. Somehow, the tried to save money in making the hardware. Infotainment is not a substitute for a radio you can use on the field and thrust. The 8FG looks and feels more sturdy.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:33 AM
forestroke

I just got my Aurora from TH in the mail today. After a 2 year hiatus from flying I've finally gotten the green light from the wife to go flying as she is finally at east taking care of the baby a full day without pulling her hair out!

So while I have no experience what so ever on the Aurora, I do have it on Hitec service. Hitec has proved their service worthy of attention and that along with the advancement of the Aurora 9 is what ultimately sold me on it. I was considering the 11X and the 10CAG, which are considerably more expensive but IMO in the same level. The 8FG with the ipod scroll wheel doesn't do it for me on any level. It looks like a very basic radio. It's a pity they didn't spend the extra few dollars to make it look as good as it functions. Regardless, Hitec all the way!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:32 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

The 8FG with the ipod scroll wheel doesn't do it for me on any level. It looks like a very basic radio. It's a pity they didn't spend the extra few dollars to make it look as good as it functions. Regardless, Hitec all the way!
It is a matter of tast. I think that the Futaba 8FG is the best looking and feeling radio there is. It does not have the cluttered feel I get from most other radios. More important, it is easy to program and has been 100% reliable for me. Besides, through the years, Futaba service via Hobby Services has been great.

Bruce
Old 11-01-2010, 08:49 AM
spog1

The aurora sounds like a great radio, except that it is unsuitable for high end ECCPM helis due to it's less than stellar latency. The 8FG is one of the best radios available in regards to latency.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:29 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

I was considering buying either the Futaba 8FG, or the Aurora 9 a little over a year ago. I went with the Aurora 9, and haven't looked back since.
I had the Futaba 8UFS, and the Futaba 7C as my previous radios, and never had a problem with either of these radios. Futaba is good, but in my opinion the Hitec Aurora 9 is better. I still use my 8U as a back up radio, with the Optima 2.4 module in it. Too Cool[8D]

Greg
Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 AM
dfrazier
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: spog1

The aurora sounds like a great radio, except that it is unsuitable for high end ECCPM helis due to it's less than stellar latency. The 8FG is one of the best radios available in regards to latency.
I fly a T-Rex 600 ESP flybarless on a 12s setup that is a rocket. I have absolutely no problem with the Aurora. It flys just as good as it did with the JR9303 that I pulled out of it.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:03 PM
TimBle

these threads do highlight how different we all are.Some like looks and gadgets, others prefer features, other like simplicity and safety with solid engineering.There are as many people who will claim the A9 to be the best as there are people who will claim the 8FG to be the creme of the crop.To a bloke like me who wants the solid engineering, the 8FG is trumps. To another the features the A9 promises is enough street cred to run with the pack.What is certain is that either vhoice is toufh to beat.