Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec HS-5925 MG Failure - Attention Mike.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 09:15 PM
Aerosplat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitec HS-5925 MG Failure - Attention Mike.

Mike, I posted this in the Hitec Digital Servo thread, then saw the Administrators note requesting us to start a new thread with each new question.

Friday afternoon I had my Aeroworks Edge 60 - 90 suddenly go into a spin. I could not recover, and it spun in slightly nose down (I was able to use elevator to flatten the spin). Upon examination I found the Rudder deflected full right (65 degrees of throw). The rudder servo (HS-5925 MG) was locked out on full right travel. I turned everything off, manually centered the servo, and turned everything back on. The servo immediately went to full right travel, and did not respond to stick movement. Still at the field, I tried the servo on two other receiver channels with the same response. Now, back at home in my shop Saturday morning I tried the servo again, and it worked normally. I even ran it for 10 minutes trying to overheat it, and it continued to work. I also have the HS-5925's on both ailerons and the elevator. Mike, I would appreciate your comments. I will call Hitec Monday to get their response. My confidence in these servos is severely shaken at this time.
The Edge is severely damaged, and will require extensive work to repair, if at all.