Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba haters rejoice

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 PM
psb667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba haters rejoice

Well it finally happened after two years of flying my futaba t7c 2.4 I finally found a problem. Im not sure what it is though. It happens in my neighborhood. Something at the far western edge of my local park causes interference with the receiver. Its brought down two planes and has got me avoiding that part of the park at all times. I am trying to figure out what could cause it. Unfortunately both planes were in trees for a solid twenty minutes at least and the batterys were both barely recoverable. The planes that ive been able to pull out of the dead zone have all been right at 11.45 to 11.00 this is commonly my fly to cutoff and is above the cut off on the esc for all of my small park flyers. Any comments suggestions and help would be appreciated. lso feel free to rip on futaba if you have to. I fly cc esc's for all of the electrics and the reciever is a 617faast. all of the air craft that went in are running 36amp esc and one is a 370 himax the other is a 450 eflite outrunner.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: futaba haters rejoice

We had a guy at the field last year that was getting hit over the same part of the field. He too lost more than one plane. Turned out that one receiver antenna had broken completly off and the second dropped in his hand when he touched it. His was a Spectrum though. We figured that his problem was that with one antenna dead, that spot at the field put the plane with minimum signal. Don't know if this has anything at all to do with your problem, but it is worth a look, or just send in the RX for a checkup. By the way, the antenna wires broke at the solder joint to the PCboard.

Don
Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 AM
airbusdrvr

"I was really just bragging up how the futabas are better radios so please dont take this thread to seriously. The other one where I actually have a issue please take very seriously. "

psb667 posted the statement in quotes above in the JR support forum( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9165517/tm.htm )

So is this the serious post or are we to not "take this thread seriously" either?

Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
psb667

dosnt matter I figured out what was making the recievers brownout in my futaba and fixed it. good luck with the speks
Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

so we can all learn, what did it end up being?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:06 PM
psb667

brownout on weak batterys. total operator error.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Campgems

Man, don't you hate it when you have to say those words? I had to eat a big piece of Humble Pie last week.

Don
Old 11-09-2009, 11:24 PM
psb667

Gotta own up sometimes. Besides maybe itll solve the mystery spektrum delink.