Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Hs 805BB xtra battery?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 09:36 AM
wiggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Hs 805BB xtra battery?

Have just bought a HT 805 BB and need some advice.In the instructions , they state that the current draw is 600 ma unloaded, recommends a separate 1200 mah battery on y lead if receiver has a BEC circuit. Receiver that I will be using is a Futaba 149 dp. Can I plug straight into the receiver or will the servo pull to much current under load and leave all others wanting?
Thanks.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:06 AM
Giant Scale

It depends on how many other servos you are using. What size plane are you using the servo in? What size batteries are you using?
Old 07-07-2003, 12:35 PM
wiggles

The plane is an 80 inch Cap, replacement for the Giles. Will have 2 on ele. 2 on ail.(JR 591) 1 thr. and 1 choke, both standards. 6 volt 1400 mah nicads. Weight will be approx. 16 pounds. As the engine will be a ZDZ 50 with a 1400 pack as well, I really don,t want to be carting an exta pack for the 805 if I can help it. Want to try 3D.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:08 PM
ALbert.S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using two 805's in my 1/4 scale GEE BEE with 2200 battery pack to run everything all plugged into the receiver Three Futaba 3003 's on aileron and motor NO problems I have over 30 flights so far this year. I also have a 805 in my autogyro for rotor tilt with 1200 battery pack and four other servos all plugged into receiver.I think the info on the 805 box is a little screwed up Notice the idle current is 8ma That to me means when the servo is not moving Receiver and Transmitter on but no stick movement
The 800 ma is when it is moving to new position MY 2 cents imput.
In the autogyro I also have a 5735 digital and three 3003 's so all 5 are on the same pack and plugged into the receiver The autogyro has 70 flights on it to date Can't imagine what kind of ciruit would use 800 ma just sitting there.Thats got to be a mistake
Old 07-07-2003, 01:39 PM
wiggles

I did see that but didn't know if it was a mistake or not. But evan if it is, and it pulls say 80 mah to move, why would Hitec give a Y lead and say seperate battery? Not unless its 800 mah under full load. So I should be fine plugging straight to the reciever?
Old 07-07-2003, 09:13 PM
ALbert.S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really feel that there has been a mistake in the translation from Asian to English when the data on the box was written.
The 8ma idle current is probably OK But it says zero load 800ma Here is where I have the problem isn't zero load the same as idle nothing is moving?
Typical servo current is
The start current for the motor is quite high (more if you have a three pole motor)
The run current is usually 1/2 or less of the start current
The stall current is the highest of all since you are not allowing the servo to come to the point it wants so the motor draws a lot of current and uses up battery very quick. Make sure all surfaces and motor control can go to limits and not be stalled.
So I guess the 800ma number they have on the box is a unknown.It is hard to measure these numbers because you have to disconnect the feedback pot and put loads on the output gear an then hope you get the right amount of load ETC UGHHHHH Anyhow I can only tell you my experience so far has been good The autogyro is a large Kellet model with a 90 4c for power and a 6ft rotor and this servo is doing the job of tilting the rotor when it is spinning The battery is a 1200 pack and powers the whole thing as I pointed out in my other post.If I had to guess I would think the 800ma number might be running current under typical load from a flying surface. Only a guess Maybe Hitec has better numbers
Old 07-08-2003, 02:42 AM
Giant Scale

If you are only running 1 805 servo and the rest std size you should be fine with 2 high capacity nimh or nicad packs. Install some type of voltage monitoring device so you can check the system voltage. I would probably use a higher capacity pack than 1400mah but that is my preference. Duralite makes a 3600 mah redundant Li pack that would work really well. Light weight with plenty of reserve power.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:29 AM
wiggles

Thanks Guys. Will be sticking to Nicads as I don't have a charger for the other types. Also know absolutely nothing about them and no one I know knows either.The 1400 pack is a sub c pack. To run another pack, do I just plug into a spare slot on the reciever? Never run 2 packs before either.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Lynx

Usually you use a Y connector to the two packs
Old 07-09-2003, 03:25 AM
Giant Scale

Use two battery packs and two switches. Plug each one into a receiver channel.