Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo glitch problem-need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
jlrskymaster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo glitch problem-need help

Equipment in use are: Futaba 8UAF transmitter; Futable 7ch receiver; Hitech HS225MG mini servos (4)

The trans and receiver have been used before, the servos are new.

Problem: when actuating ch 2 elevator, other servos "twitch" on occasion. not constantly, but enough to crash a plane.

I have tried a different receiver - same problem
I have tried a different transmitter - same problem
I bought another brand new HS225MG and replaced the other one with it - same problem

When I plug in a standard Futaba servo into ch 2; the problem goes away. It would not be easy to change the mounting area to accommodate the larger servos.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:03 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Servo glitch problem-need help

Are you using a 4.6v or 6v Rx battery? Are you using a voltage regulator?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Campgems

Look for any metal to metal contact with the push rods. Also binding linkages. Also try just swapping channels to see if it does follow the servo, or the channel.

Let us know what you find.

Don

Old 11-22-2009, 11:10 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jlrskymaster Equipment in use are: Futaba 8UAF transmitter; Futable 7ch receiver; Hitech HS225MG mini servos (4)
The trans and receiver have been used before, the servos are new. Problem: when actuating ch 2 elevator, other servos "twitch" on occasion. not constantly, but enough to crash a plane. I have tried a different receiver - same problem I have tried a different transmitter - same problem
I bought another brand new HS225MG and replaced the other one with it - same problem When I plug in a standard Futaba servo into ch 2; the problem goes away. It would not be easy to change the mounting area to accommodate the larger servos. Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Any "Y" leads or extensions leads? even new ones have been known to be faulty and cause same problem. Try plugging servo direct to RX.
Battery type?4 cell NiMH may have high resistance, does it test well with a loaded voltmeter?
refer sub sections
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs," under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Regards
Alan T.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Fs one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take it that this is not a spectrum tech transmitter its possible some of answers given in this forum should be considered.Also i have had a few problems myself this year of rudder and elevator glitching,I have found out that there is becoming more and more frequency problems related to inter ference on megahertz radios.I was almost shot down once while flying alone at club field from 2 hits.Plus on the ground 2 more problems with glitching.I now own a spectrum dx7 works great and am changing all my equipment over to 2.4.Hope this helps

Happy flying
Old 11-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Fs one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take it that this is not a spectrum tech transmitter its possible some of answers given in this forum should be considered.Also i have had a few problems myself this year of rudder and elevator glitching,I have found out that there is becoming more and more frequency problems related to inter ference on megahertz radios.I was almost shot down once while flying alone at club field from 2 hits.Plus on the ground 2 more problems with glitching.I now own a spectrum dx7 works great and am changing all my equipment over to 2.4.Hope this helps

Happy flying