Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Where are the new Futaba trainer cords in stock?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 04:01 AM
Borzak
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the new Futaba trainer cords in stock?

Anyone know where the new style Futaba trainer cords are in stock yet?

The ones that have the round plug (old style) on one side and the square plug (new style) that fits the 9C and the new 6EXA

here's a pic of it

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXCZR6**&P=0

I'm a newbie and I just got in the 6EXA and can't find a trainer cord ANYWHERE and the local club won't fly a trainer without a buddy box so I'm pretty much screwed till I can find one. Right now that's all I'm waiting on till I can get in the air.

If it looks like a really long wait I may dump the radio on someone else as it's still new in box and change brands right off.

So far the only place I've even seen them listed is tower and omni models and they're both out of stock and I called and the lady said they havne't had them in the first place yet.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:56 AM
olivier

Hi,

If you're running out of patience for a your commercial budy box lead, an if you are (or know somebody) proficient with a soldering iron, you could make a buddy lead yourself :
- the round (DIN) plug and the cable you'll find in every electronic shop
- the Futaba square connector is sold here (fast delivery) : www.model-gadgets.com
- the schematic drawing can be found in chapter 7 of my website (fig. 7f-12)

Just my 2 cents...
Olivier
Old 07-06-2003, 09:13 AM
Borzak
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks might have to look into it. Club only does training with the buddy box and that's all I'm lacking now after taking some instruction on someone elses plane - from putting my own up.

I think there's a mini-run on the cords because the new 6-EXA just started shipping and that's the cord it takes and it's an entry level transmitter.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:21 PM
lewdfinger

How stupid is that? $20 US for ANOTHER trainer cord. Is there any logical reason to fit an entry level radio with a different cord receptacle? I have a friend with a 6-EXA and a plane ready to fly, but we have to wait for a round/square training cord before he can go. Only two in Canada that I could find. I'm not going to recommend Futaba anymore to new hobbyists. Cheaper to buy an old Airtronics 4-channel radio and use it as a buddy box.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The round-to-square trainer cord HAS been previously available, but it sold out quickly. They are due to arrive in early August. Your hobby retailer should be able to put one on order for you. It would be shipped as soon as it arrives.

Demand was much higher than anticipated, and even Futaba, Japan, ran out of them.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:06 PM
lewdfinger

Why change the trainer cord connection in the first place? Now clubs and instructors have to have THREE cords to cover all the combinations. Very annoying and expensive.
KD
Old 07-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Wisanu

I wonder if we can use the cord from Real Flight G2 as a buddy box cord.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:59 PM
miastorm

You would think that all manufactures would realize by now that they do not have a captive group of RC folks with their heads up their (what u ma call it) and that over time we have gathered many different servos which should at least be able to plug on to any radio. Futaba is an insult to the community with that silly little tab that they put on the servo connectors. peel it off and it's an "S" connector.

Marketing is going dormant or running scared! You have a good product (Futaba) but man if you really want to controll the market forever build a better mouse trap and throw that old cheese trick away.

Negetive shift / positive shift / tity on servo plug / no tity on servo plug / sqare wire connector / round wire connector / brown wire / black wire / blah, blah, blah.