Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Any opinion on 2.4 futaba 10c?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 AM
q8cub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any opinion on 2.4 futaba 10c?

Does it have any lockout issues? or any other safety issues, because I plan to use it for a 50cc 3d giant.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-05-2009, 07:03 AM
ggraham500
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Any opinion on 2.4 futaba 10c?

I have had mine for 7 months and many flights with various aircraft. Not one glitch. Rapid, smooth and predictable responses. I have also owned and used a 7CAP, 9CAP (as a 72 MHz and with a 2.4GHz module), and a 9CHP Super. I guess you could say I really like Futaba radios. I kept my 9CAP as a buddy box and sold the others.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:01 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Best Xmitter I've ever owned. Rock solid and dependable.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 AM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

get the 10CG.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:07 PM
pilotpete2

As to lockouts. Futaba's FASST system has proven itself to be a very robust RF link. Before committing to the 10C, give the 8FG a good look.[8D]
Best of luck,
Pete
Old 12-05-2009, 01:58 PM
playntraffic

Great radio, get it.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Bulletproof in a dozen planes with 10 different receivers.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:05 PM
q8cub

thanks all for the replies.

Today, I also saw a dsx7 system (JR system) for almost third of the futaba 10c price (obviously the 10c is much better in terms of number of channels).

Another question arises: if I use the dsx7 instead of the 10c would I lose any reliability/Safety ? (the channel difference is clear and this is not an issue in my case, where 7 channels will be enough for me - 2 elevator, 2 ailron, 1 rudder, 1 throttle, 1 smoke system).

To me, flying a 50cc gas plane, safety is the number one factor. Functionality is another issue which not of concern in this context.

Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:06 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Check out the Futaba 7 channel. I would stick with the superior FASST technology.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:08 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you drop from a 10ch to a 7ch you don't just lose 3 channels. The number of programming options is decreased, as well. This does not mean that the radio is inferior, it just limits your options.

All computer radios have Canned Programs like Flapperons, Ailevator, Elevator to Flap mix, to name a few. The lower end you go in the radio line, the less number of these programs you have. Most computer radios also have one or more Programmable Mixers. You can use one or more Programmable Mixers to duplicate what the Canned Program does, but not always.

You need to look at these differences, as well, when picking a radio. You have to imagine what you might want to do, with the Tx programming, and how you would do it.

Futaba, JR, Spektrum, Airtronics, Hitec all make comparable radios.

The DX7 is a good radio system and I know many fellow club members and students who have them. If you only need 7 channels, it is a good choice.

The Hitec Aurora 9 is a nice higher end radio for the price and right now, you can get an additional two 7ch Rx's free.

Just remember that whatever 2.4 Tx or 2.4 Tx Module you buy, you can only use 2.4 Rx's from that manufacturer. There are no 3rd party 2.4 Rx's.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Check out the Futaba 7 channel. I would stick with the superior FASST technology.
Oh h*ll.... another Ford vs. Chevy war????????

There's nothing you can provide in the way of evidence that one system is "superior" to the other, only opinions and most modelers don't have the background to intelligently discuss the two systems from an RF standpoint. Bottom line; they both work and will do the job.

You do gain a BUNCH in the way of rx options with the Spektrum, lower costs, ModelMatch, ServoSynch, system power problem warnings, and either the Flight Log on the 7 channel or above rx's or the newer small rx's also have a flashing light indication of problems with the RF link.

Futaba's got none of those.

The programming is different between the two and if you wanna get down and dirty 'bout it, the new Airtronics or Hitec 2.4GHz radios offer more in that regard than either the Futaba or the Spektrum/JR radios.

If possible, you might want to see if you can locate an LHS where you might just go and handle the radios you're interested in? Might be an issue considering your location tho, is it really Kuwait?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:34 AM
DougV

ORIGINAL: q8cub

thanks all for the replies.

Today, I also saw a dsx7 system (JR system) for almost third of the futaba 10c price (obviously the 10c is much better in terms of number of channels).

Another question arises: if I use the dsx7 instead of the 10c would I lose any reliability/Safety ? (the channel difference is clear and this is not an issue in my case, where 7 channels will be enough for me - 2 elevator, 2 ailron, 1 rudder, 1 throttle, 1 smoke system).

To me, flying a 50cc gas plane, safety is the number one factor. Functionality is another issue which not of concern in this context.

Thanks again.
Here's my opinion.

The 10C is an excellent radio, but after playing with 8FG at the field this weekend, I came home and ordered the 8FG to replace my 7C.

I own a 12FG for Jets and helis, but I still own a DX7 and the 7C 2.4, (Both for sale next week) I will go with the 8FG.

RF link…. FASST is a FHSS/DSSS hybrid system. This means that not only is the signal spread across a whole channel (DSSS) but it also hops continuously from one channel to another (FHSS), 36 channels.

Regards,
Doug.