Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 8FG main body material ?

Old 12-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Scott_S.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 8FG main body material ?

I'm looking at this Tx online and all reviews and youtube vids no one even thinks to mention the feel of the main body.
Hard slick plastic. Soft touch feel material.
I remember handling a 12 or 14xx at Toledo two years ago and it felt awesome, some kind of soft feel to it without being spongy.

I tried searching online but the new soft touch menu driven wheel drives the search engines crazy because that's all the engine can pick up.

Thanks! I emailed Futaba but my new AOL format does not even recognize the address so it bounced (imagine.....AOL without bugs)
Old 12-13-2009, 03:09 AM
OldCoot
My Feedback: (47)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 8FG main body material ?

It's hard plastic but not slick. Has a matte finish.
It feels much better than my 9C. Smaller, lighter, and well balanced.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
RCAA
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree with OLDCOOT! I just got my T8FG and the transmitter feels great as compared to my 9CAPS in that it has a better feel with the grips built in on the back of the TX. As he said, lighter, smaller and very well balanced. It is also easier for me to get around in the menu with scrolling the sensor switches.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Scott_S.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The one thing none of the write-ups show is the side view comparisons. One reviewer talks about how it feels slimmer in his hand and therefore more comfortable. I want to check one out as soon as the lhs gets one in, thanks guys for your replys!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:02 AM
jcervantes11
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just buy one, then if you don't like it return it. Or if you just wanna try it, buy it then return it.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
jcg1112
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

+1 with RCAA and OldCoot. It is lighter and slimmer than my 9CAPS. The touch sensor pad is easy to use once you get used to it. It also has allot of programming features, much better than the 9. I just wish the slide levers stuck out a little more. Only problem now is that it's too !@#& cold to fly now here in SE Illinois, 20 deg and a windchill of around 10 deg. I don't think you can go wrong with the 8FG and yes, I am biased. Only owned Futaba Tx since learning way back in '88.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:09 PM
pilotpete2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys, glad to hear so many positive reports on how the 8FG feels. I was holding off on ordering one, expecting to get to play with one at the WRAM show in February, but this year there will be no Futaba/ Great Planes presence there. Sadly the show is just about dead, doubt I'll go this year[&o].
At this point I'll go ahead and order one after the deal that gets you an extra 7 channel receiver for about 10 bucks[8D], can't have too many of those lil' darlins.
I have the 9Cs with TM-8 and a Speky module, so I'll have a backup and BNF transmitter[8D]
Regards to all,
Pete
Old 01-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had the same plan to play with one at the WRAM show. That really stinks they won't be there. That show just gets worse and worse every year.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:43 PM
DougV

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Pete, I'm sure you are going to love the 8FG, it took me about 15 minutes to get a handle on the touch pad. I'm going to go as far as to say that I like the feel of the 8FG more than my 12FG.

Regards,
Doug.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:19 AM
DougV

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

Hey guys, glad to hear so many positive reports on how the 8FG feels. I was holding off on ordering one, expecting to get to play with one at the WRAM show in February, but this year there will be no Futaba/ Great Planes presence there. Sadly the show is just about dead, doubt I'll go this year[&o].
At this point I'll go ahead and order one after the deal that gets you an extra 7 channel receiver for about 10 bucks[8D], can't have too many of those lil' darlins.
I have the 9Cs with TM-8 and a Speky module, so I'll have a backup and BNF transmitter[8D]
Regards to all,
Pete
Pete,

Here you go: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0161p?&I=LZ0760

Now, there should be a $60 coupon and free shipping some where!

Doug.