Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help with setting up JR DSX7

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 02:06 PM
saunj07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with setting up JR DSX7

Hi all, I have a JR DSX7 Radio. Am going to be using it with my Hanger 9 Cessna 182. However I am having g major trouble with setting up the radio. I have just come off from my trainer which was using a JR Quattro and all these figures and words on the new remote is looking like Chinese. For now I need to know how to set up the flaps. As far as I know there should be 3 settings for this (norm- mid-land) . There is a switch in the right corner of the remote which has 3 settings. Where in the receiver must I plug the flap connectors? Do I have to change something on the remote? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Here is a link to the remote- http://rotor.co.in/images/Product/24315/size.gif
Old 01-02-2010, 02:22 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need help with setting up JR DSX7

For JR/Spektrum, the channel assignments are Throttle (1), Aileron (2), Elevator (3), Rudder (4), Gear (5), Flaps (6)(also called Aux1), and Ch7 (also called Aux2). Flaps plug in to the Flap channel or Aux1.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...DX7_Manual.pdf
Old 01-02-2010, 02:43 PM
saunj07

I know that I need to plug the connectors into Aux 1, but I'm having trouble choosing the 3 setting switch to be active with Aux 1
Old 01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
BuschBarber

The Flap Switch is usually the 3 position switch in the upper left shoulder of the Tx. That is where JR and Spektrum usually puts the Flap Switch. In the programming, Flap System is on by default. When you set up the radio in a new plane, you have to do certain things in order. I make sure that the Model Memory is set to Factory Defaults, first. Before I connect any Pushrods, I turn on the Tx and Rx and set the Servo Direction for each servo. With all the Trims and Sticks set to Neutral, I install the Servo Arm so it is as close to Neutral as possible. I use Sub Trim to bring the Servo Arm to Neutral. I measure for the Pushrod and install it so that the Control Surface is at Neutral.

In the case of Flaps, make sure that the Flap Switch is set to Flaps Up. Install the servo arm in the position you want it to be for Up Flaps. As you move the Flap Switch, you will need to go into the Flap programming and adjust the % so that you get the correct Flap Deflection for each Flap Switch Position. Measure and install the pushrod so that you do not get any binding.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:54 PM
saunj07

The linkage and servo position is not the problem. Its the actual programming on the remote that I cant do, I need to somehow make the 3 setting switch respond to the AUX 1 plug on the receiver, do you have any Idea on how to do this? I have tried to look through the manual , but the settings they give do not work, even reset and tried again. Im not sure if they sell the JR DSX7 there in the states, but I do know that it is identical to the Spectrum DX7...
Old 01-02-2010, 08:31 PM
BuschBarber

I was just reading the manual. Make sure the Wing Type is Normal and Flapperon is turned off. See page 41 and 53. You need to set Flap to System and then go into Flap System and set the Flap Deflection and Elevator Coupling. I am sure you are just missing a key setting.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:25 AM
saunj07

I got it Thanks. The problem was the flap system (on page 53) I hadn't changed those percentages so that is why it was not responding. Now I have one more question, what is the best thing to do when I connect the two flaps , Use a Y-harness or use Aux 2 as my second flap channel. I am going to be using a Y-harness for the Ailerons, so Aux 2 Will be left open. Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:01 AM
BuschBarber

You could use a Y harness, for the Flaps, but then you can't Reverse one of the Flap servos so they both move in the same direction. Dual Flap setups and Dual Elevator setups almost always require reversing on of the servos. If you have Aux2 free, you can use a Programmable Mixer and make Aux1 the Master and Aux2 the Slave. Another option is to use a JR Matchbox. It is much better than a Y harness. You can connect up to 4 servos to one channel and for each of the servos, you can set Servo Direction, Neutral, and End Points, using the Dial and Buttons on the Matchbox.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:33 AM
saunj07

The flaps cant go in the other direction anyways, what would you need them to do that for? Is this in case ailerons fail?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:41 AM
BuschBarber

You would only want the Flaps to go down, of course, but with each Flap servo on a separate channel, you want them to move together. When you set up the Flap linkage, you start with Flaps Up (flush with the trailing edge of the plane). Set the servo direction so the Flaps only go Down.

I did have a Hangar 9 Ultra Stick with Flaps and Ailerons. They recommended that you mix the Flaps with Ailerons, on a switch, so you could use the Flaps and Ailerons, together, as Giant Ailerons, or use the Flaps just as Flaps. It was a trick aircraft and not many people use that setup.