Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR XP662 FLAP MIX

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 08:06 PM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR XP662 FLAP MIX

I am setting up flaps on a world models gs spitfire, each flap has its own servo and aux 1 channel controls the flaps but the way the plane is set up the servos mount opposite direction so the flaps are acting like ailerons, there is an aux 2 input also and I tried to combine aux 1 & 2 so I could reverse one of the servos as in mixing the channel but I can not find any info on how to do it. In the old days we just mounted the servos same the same way and no problems but using worlds servo mounts the way the instructions say the plywood pads for the horns do not line up with the control linkage rod, So I guess the real qustion is how do I reverse one of the flap servos.........?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:12 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR XP662 FLAP MIX

I am not familiar with that radio, but most JR computer radios have programmable mixers. You would use Aux1 as the master and Aux2 as the slave. You can then reverse one of the channels to suite. It is very common to have to Reverse one of the servos for Dual Elevators and Dual Flaps, for example.

Another method is to buy a JR Matchbox. The Matchbox allows you to connect up to 4 servos to one channel. The Matchbox has a Dial and two Buttons so you can Reverse one or all of the servos, and match them all for Neutral and Endpoints.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 AM
f16man

Thanks you for the help now all I have to do is figure out mixing aux1 &2.................. I think they call aux 1 channel 6 maybe they will have a name for aux 2 but it is only a 6channel radio......
Old 01-03-2010, 08:54 AM
BuschBarber

When you mentioned Aux1 and Aux2 in your post, I forgot that you only had a 6ch radio. You could possibly use Gear Ch5 and Aux1(Ch6) if you are not using Retracts. If you do that, you have to be careful to Inhibit the Gear Switch of else if you hit it accidentally, your Flaps will be out of trim. Some Computer radios have more features than others and Disabling Switches, in Mixes, may not be possible.

You may need to consider the Matchbox option.

I have a JR XP9303 and an AR9000 Rx. I have a Spektrum RF Module in my Tx. I have Dual Ailerons, Dual Elevators, Dual Retracts, Dual Flaps, Rudder, and Throttle. I use Matchboxes on the Flaps and Elevators. I mix Ch2 and Ch7 for the Elevators and Ch5 and Ch8 for the Retracts because I can change the Speed of the Retracts so that one goes up before the other. There are separate 791 Retract servos for each Retract half.

Another way to use a Matchbox is to mix Rudder with Nosewheel or Tailwheel, if they use separate servos. It makes it very easy to adjust the Steering Trim.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 AM
f16man

Yup I think there is a matchbox in my future thanks much,,, by the way I just noticed your e mail add. are you a byron f16 owner? As I own 2 , Very nice flying jet !!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:40 AM
BuschBarber

I built one in 1981. It was powered by a Rossi 80. I flew it for 3 years. It crashed at a model meet in Kitchner, Ontario, due to a failure of the Ball Link for the Stab. I also had a couple of Yellow Aircraft F16's with OS91 and Dynamax Fans. About 4 years ago, I bought a Kangaroo and a JetCat P80. I got my Turbine Wavier and flew a number of times. Last Feb, a woman went out of control on a local expressway and totaled my van. I had to sell my Turbine to help pay for a new vehicle.

One of my Jet buddies built a Byron A4 Skyhawk in the 80's. A local guy, Greg Covey, bought it and installed an EDF unit. It flies with authority.

I fly everything. Gas, Glow, Electric.

Last winter, I sold a Byron F18 that had an OS91, Byron Fan, and Hurricane Impeller. It had never been flown. I know some have put Turbines in these birds and they fly well. Iron Bay has not offered a conversion package, though.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
f16man

I know we are getting off subject but it's good to talk to someone who was flying jets in the 80's I learned a whole bunch about nitro engines , porting them and making them live thru it back then and still use that stuff today. I was involved with PEC hobbies in Mt. View Ca. and met some great pilots from there , one of which is a member here Karl Hibbs is a very very good pilot he could fly the wings off a byron f16 back then I can only emagine how he is now... well thanks much and now Imust get back to my rossi 81s and os77s he he he. Some kids never grow up!!!!!!! oh PS back then the hottest radio was Futaba pcm and I still own one and it still works perfectly......
Old 01-03-2010, 10:22 AM
BuschBarber

I started flying RC in 1978. I used Futaba radios for years. I was probably using my Futaba 6ch for the Byron F16.