RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

they can have my 72mhz radio when they pry it from my cold dead hands !

Old 02-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Paul_BB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: they can have my 72mhz radio when they pry it from my cold dead hands !

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nonstoprc
Glow engines slowly give way to electric motors, ESCs, and lipo batteries;
This is not the subject of the thread, but I don't concur with that: you can't compare glow engines with electric motors. The function of the glow engine is not only to power your model, it's also to "roar", and "sound good" !
Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 AM
nonstoprc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: they can have my 72mhz radio when they pry it from my cold dead hands !

You can think that way. But it is a trend that glow engines are to be replaced, at least from my observation at the local field.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:06 AM
BuschBarber

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nonstoprc

You can think that way. But it is a trend that glow engines are to be replaced, at least from my observation at the local field.
I was resistant, at first, due to the high up front costs for chargers, power supplies, and batteries. Like Harley Davidson owners, I like the sound of a big warbird with a loud gas engine. I have since found that the convenience of electrics has it's advantages. With the prices of batteries coming down and the ability to fly just about anything of any size, I am a convert.

There are many in my RC club of 110 members who have no intentions of converting to electric any time soon. When our club has enough interested members to justify the purchase of a generator and charging station, that may change. I have two 6v golf cart batteries in my car that I use with my FMA 10S chargers. When I move from 10S cells to 12S cells, my recharge times will be slower unless I go to a Powerlab charger. Already, a couple of my fellow club members have purchased 60a power supplies and 1000w generators. These are the costs that keep many from moving into anything other than small electrics.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:03 AM
pilotpete2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yup, many folks switching from glow to gas[8D][8D]
Pete
Old 02-28-2011, 08:33 AM
RogerParrett

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

... and it's a known scientific opinion that loud planes go faster ...

r/s... Roger
Old 02-28-2011, 08:51 AM
fizzwater2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

that's why we used to put playing cards into the spokes on our bicycles.. make 'em louder, they HAD to be faster, right?

Old 03-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Lokihaus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've tried to read all responses but have yet to answer a question that I have:

I have an old Futaba 72 system with a few Rxes to my channel 27. I've heard that there are new 2.4 Txes with a module on the back that can swap out a 2.4 antenna for a 72 antenna... basically it would enable me to use all my old Rxes and any new 2.4 tech I would buy. Am I on the wrong about what I've heard? Does Futaba have a Tx of this nature? Thanks for any help, because I want to buy a new Tx fairly soon.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM
BuschBarber

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Lokihaus

I've tried to read all responses but have yet to answer a question that I have:

I have an old Futaba 72 system with a few Rxes to my channel 27. I've heard that there are new 2.4 Txes with a module on the back that can swap out a 2.4 antenna for a 72 antenna... basically it would enable me to use all my old Rxes and any new 2.4 tech I would buy. Am I on the wrong about what I've heard? Does Futaba have a Tx of this nature? Thanks for any help, because I want to buy a new Tx fairly soon.
I have owned the Futaba 7UAPS, 8AUPS, and 9CAP, all of which accept RF Modules for both 72Mhz. You can buy Futaba 2.4 RF Modules or other 3rd party 2.4Ghz RF Modules such as from Spektrum, XPS, etc. The Hitec Aurora 9 is designed around a 2.4Ghz RF Module, but also is compatible with 72Mhz Hitec RF Modules. These 72Mhz RF Modules are compatible with Futaba PPM receivers.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Lokihaus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Awesome, thanks! Do you happen to have any you are willing to sell now? =D
Old 03-09-2011, 06:45 AM
BuschBarber

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Lokihaus

Awesome, thanks! Do you happen to have any you are willing to sell now? =D
I have been building and flying RC models since 1978. I have gone through many radios. I currently have two JR XP9303 radios. One has a Spektrum 2.4Ghz RF Module and the other has a JR Synthesized 72Mhz RF Module. I do not have any other radios.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 AM
doublesixes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Hitec Flash V (72 mhz) which I truly love and is still in use with the simulator and a couple of foamies. A DX7 as a simulator backup and a Futaba 8FG as my main TX. All have their place but the old 72 mhz Hitec is still a wonderful radio.

Search this Thread