Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Easy question, I think.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 11:41 PM
blackbeard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy question, I think.

Hello,

I want to find out what radio function is used for wheelbrakes. I'm sure the answer must be simple but haven't been able to figure it out in my head since it seems like you would need a throttle-like application for smooth braking, but where do you get the extra stick to accomplish this. I can't imagine you would flip a switch to give up one of your primary flight controls to be used for braking...

Anyway, if some of you experts could shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Chris
Old 04-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Goodtimecharlie
My Feedback: (96)

I've coupled brakes with down elevator (on nosewheel equipped aircraft) with great satisfaction. If you have main gear brakes. you will probably want to use an aux. channel with a trimpot. I'm sure there are many other choices.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:18 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

The most common choice is channels 7 or 8, on dials, on a radio like the 8U, 9C or 9Z.

In some cases, if the brakes are pneumatic, they can be set up so you can throw a switch and they progressively brake rather htan a sudden hard lock.

I hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.) You can also reach our product support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

DID YOU KNOW that our web pages now all contain FAQs? (Frequently asked questions) Please drop by and take a look! We hope you'll find the information helpful and valuable to you.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Services and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.bestrc.com
NO AUTORESPONDER
Old 04-04-2002, 02:28 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Blackbeard,

On my jets I tend to put the brakes in two locations. One is on down elevator, gives smooth proportional braking plus I am pushing the nose on the ground at the same time. I also can control them from the right hand slider (Futaba 9C), this allows me to lock the brakes (parking brake) for start-up and run-up of the engine. If I am flying at a short field I will set the slider to apply a slight amount of brakes at touch down to drop the nose and get the plane stopped in a minimum amount of runway.
Hope this helps...
Todd
Old 04-06-2002, 12:42 AM
KXH121
My Feedback: (20)

Default Brakes

I am a jet guy also and on my 10x I use down elevator with the 10x step-programing added to smooth out the proportional brake valve. The slider on the right hand side comes in handy to lock the brakes for turbine start-up, just dont forget that when you switch to another jet!