Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

T6EX questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:09 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T6EX questions

I bought a lot of stuff a couple days ago from a guy getting out of the hobby. Included was a T6EX radio and is the first 2.4 system I have been exposed to. He could not, however, find the manual for the radio (he is still looking) and I am not familiar with the system. For instance, he has 2.4 receivers installed in two of the airplanes I got from him and they both work. However, one of the first things I noticed was that the throttle servo in the Somthin' Extra is reversed and I don't even know how to reverse the servos in the radio. Another thing I have abo****ely no understanding of is "binding". What the hell is "binding" and how do I do it? I realize that I must get a manual for this thing and if the seller can't find his manual, I am sure there is a site somewhere from which I can download the manual. Meanwhile, could someone explain what "binding" is and how to accomplish it as well as how to reverse the servo direction in the radio? I know this sounds really stupid for those of you who are intimate with 2.4 systems, but you too had to learn it at some point in time. Thanks, guys
Old 01-20-2010, 11:38 AM
HavinFun
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: T6EX questions

You can download the manual [link=http://www.futabarc.com/manuals/index.html]Here[/link]
Old 01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Thank you, HavinFun, I have done so and now I will go out and correct that setting.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:14 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Binding is the process by which a 2.4Ghz Tx sends out its unique GUID and the receiver links to it and will not accept Transmission from another Tx unless you go through the Binding process, again, with the new Tx. Binding also sets the Failsafe condition, which is where the control surfaces will move if the Rx loses the signal from the Tx. You can leave the Rx turned on and Turn Off the Tx to test the Failsafe Settings. The most common Failsafe Setting is to have the Throttle go to Idle and all other channels Hold their positions until the Signal returns.

It is necessary to Bind every time you set up a new Rx and advisable to ReBind if you make changes to the Programming in your Tx for a particular Model Memory.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't need to re-link your Futaba 2.4 GHz FASST receiver if you make changes to the programming of your transmitter. Once a receiver is linked to the transmitter, it stays linked.

To link the receiver to the transmitter, you turn both on and then press the link button on the receiver. Hold it in until the LED goes green. You're done!

Old 01-20-2010, 02:52 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With JR/Spektrum, the Failsafe settings are reset everytime you ReBind. Isn't that true with FASST, as well, or are Failsafe settings handled separately?

I know with JR/Spektrum you don't have to ReBind every time you make changes to the Programming, but some Programming changes can have an affect on Failsafe if you use Failsafe with Presets instead of Hold.

Does FASST allow you to set Failsafe Conditions for either Hold or Presets? I know that was true with my 9CAP PCM radio.