Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 921 receiver question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JR 921 receiver question

Does the JR 921 receiver have instant voltage recovery like the other JR 2.4 recievers?

Thanks,
Tony
Old 01-22-2010, 02:32 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR 921 receiver question

If it has the latest Firmware, it should recover quickly. I don't recall if the 921 came out Before or After the Firmware Update. I have AR9000 Rx's that need to be Updated.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:58 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The R921 originally came out before the low voltage firmware update. So it is possible to own a 921 that was not updated. However, if it was purchased from Horizon in the last year it probably is updated. It is easy to findout the status. Just power the transmitter and receiver. Then briefly unpower and then restore power to the receiver. If the receiver lights blink after power is restored, it has the update.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:48 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Power up the transmitter and reciever and wait for it to link up.

Turn off the receiver and turn it back on. One of three things will happen.

1. The reciever will connect instantly and the lights will flash. This is the newest firmware.
2. The receiver will connect instantly and the lights will come on steady. This is one version out of date, could be updated but it will work.
3. The reciever will take 3 seconds to connect and the lights will come on steady. Send it to Horizon and get it updated.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

The R921 originally came out before the low voltage firmware update. So it is possible to own a 921 that was not updated. However, if it was purchased from Horizon in the last year it probably is updated. It is easy to findout the status. Just power the transmitter and receiver. Then briefly unpower and then restore power to the receiver. If the receiver lights blink after power is restored, it has the update.
Not quite true....

The R921's (and I have several from the first batch Horizon got) came with the original Quick Connect firmware which was actually announced with the AR-9100.

The original version had the fast recovery time but did not have the flashing light indication that a power brownout had occurred. That option/update was announced about 5 months after the first R921's came out. My first AR-9100 also came with the original Quick Connect firmware even though those didn't ship until about 2 months after the current version of Quick Connect was announced.

So I sent all of my 9 channel rx's in for the update along with all my 6 & 7 channel rx's when Horizon offered the free update which was about 9 months after the initial R921's started showing up. I actually got my backorderd spare R921's about 2 months before Horizon started shipping the first X9303's.