Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

$59.99 Hobby People Aero-Sport 5 2.4Ghz radio system

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

$59.99 Hobby People Aero-Sport 5 2.4Ghz radio system

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $59.99 Hobby People Aero-Sport 5 2.4Ghz radio system

The April 2010 issue of Model Airplane News showed up in the mailbox today. Pages 50 and 51 feature a sale ad from Hobby People, with the new Aero-Sport 5 2.4Ghz radio system advertised for $59.99 for transmitter and receiver. The ad calls it the most economical entry level full range sport radio ever.

The ad proudly states that the Aero-Sport 5 is compatible with 2.4Ghz Airtronics Systems. The transmitter appears to be a fairly basic sport radio without computer memory or programability, but it does offer V-tail and/or Elevon mixing, servo reversing, and a retract switch.

There is no evidence of a trainer switch or button on the radio. There is no mention of a buddy box jack, either.

$59.99 for a 5-channel full range 2.4Ghz transmitter and receiver set from a major North American retailer is pretty sweet in any event. If you're looking for a bargain 2.4Ghz radio system backed by a major distributor with warranty coverage and top quality service, this looks to be a terrific value.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:20 AM
cajun1

Default RE: $59.99 Hobby People Aero-Sport 5 2.4Ghz radio system

What I find interesting in this ad is the reference to Airtronics compatability.

Does this mean their receivers will bind with Airtronics transmitters, and are the receivers availability? So far no answers available.

I don't even find this radio listed on their web site.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 AM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

I was hoping it would work with the spectra modules but I guess if it is modeled after airtronics that answer is probably 'no.'

Oh well...
Old 01-30-2010, 02:09 AM
HEMICUDA

cajun,

put in the part # from the ad in the site's search bar. Goes right to it. Back ordered and no info
on additional or other compatable RX's.

Looks like the same ones from Exceed RC and Hobbyking but the shipping and customer service
should be better.

Hemicuda
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 AM
carrellh

Here's the link

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/438140.asp

And just like years past, Aero Sport has partnered with a proven radio maker to ensure your Aero Sport radio is reliable and trustworthy. Aero Sport has licensed PROVEN Airtronics/Sanwa Full-Range FHSS-1 Frequency Hopping 2.4GHz technology. So not only do you know you're flying a rock-solid radio, the receivers are compatible with Airtronics FHSS-1 Aircraft radios. And if you need extra receivers or different types, all of the Airtronics FHSS-1 receivers are compatible!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

When you get an Aero Sport 5, you get the following:

Airtronics/Sanwa FHSS-1 Full-Range 2.4GHz Technology
5 channel 2.4GHz transmitter
4 Proportional Channels
1Toggled Channel
Battery Output Indicator Lights
Servo reversing for the 4 proportional channels
Delta/Elevon Mixing
V-Tail Mixing
5 Channel Mini Receiver (Full Range, Dual Antenna)
Receiver Battery Holder
Receiver Switch
Detailed Operations Manual