Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12FG elevon set up

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12FG elevon set up

Wondering why this is not a "normal" premix setting. I am having a heck of a time setting a simple 2 servo elevon plane up with this radio. Anyone with insight on what is supposed to be turned on or off? I tried everything I could think of before posting this. Manual has been read (which is very confusing) over and over with no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 12FG elevon set up

Is the Wing Type set correctly?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Guillermo Ibanez
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

Wondering why this is not a "normal" premix setting. I am having a heck of a time setting a simple 2 servo elevon plane up with this radio. Anyone with insight on what is supposed to be turned on or off? I tried everything I could think of before posting this. Manual has been read (which is very confusing) over and over with no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
Hey Kevin:

Did you set your transimtter for ailevator in the linkage menu?

I mean, there is a menu regarding the type of wing and type of tail

I have a Skymaster F-16 turbine Jet and it is set up for ailevators (is the same than elevons but in ailvators, elevators works as elevators and ailerons and the ailerons work also as ailerons and in elevons, the elevators work only as elevators and ailerons)

This is my set up:

Type of wing: 2 ailerons
Type of Tail: Ailvators

Then, I use the Camber Mixing function for flapperons and the ailvators function for setting my elvators as ailerons at the same time as ailerons do their job.

I use ailvators when flapperons are down (switched on by a condition select switch) and when flapperons are up, ailvators are off and elevators work as normal elevators and ailerons work as normal ailerons.

Too complicated?

I spent hours programming this

I am at job right now, but whe at home, I will check with my transmitter.

BRG

Old 02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Mr. Mugen

I will give ailevator a try. I figured that was out there for gettin git right but I guess it is worth a try. I tried many combo's. Regular and delta wings, 1and 2 aileron, tried with and without v tail on. Tried a programable mix and got nowhere...fast. I cannot believe how overly complicated the menus are on this when compared to my 7c and 9c's. I am disgusted with this radio overall. Nothing is straight up simple. Had this thing 1 1/2 years now and still have issues with getting to know it. Maybe it is just me and my like for organization and simplicity...in a radio anyway.

Thanks for the pointers...something else to try

Kevin
Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Guillermo Ibanez

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

I will give ailevator a try. I figured that was out there for gettin git right but I guess it is worth a try. I tried many combo's. Regular and delta wings, 1and 2 aileron, tried with and without v tail on. Tried a programable mix and got nowhere...fast. I cannot believe how overly complicated the menus are on this when compared to my 7c and 9c's. I am disgusted with this radio overall. Nothing is straight up simple. Had this thing 1 1/2 years now and still have issues with getting to know it. Maybe it is just me and my like for organization and simplicity...in a radio anyway.

Thanks for the pointers...something else to try

Kevin
Just try programming your model type in your linkage menu, as Ailevator in the Tail type.

Then go to the model menu, look for the Ailevator menu and set the ailerons in the amount of % you want. If you set them to 0%, then you are going to have elevator only. If you set them for any %, the elevators are going to move as ailerons proportionally to the amount of % set.

The only issue I see is that Ailevators set up not only move the elevators as ailerons and elevators, but the wing ailerons move also as ailerons while the Elevon Set Up, is for those models that do not has ailerons, but I dont know how to set Elevons in the 12FG. BTW, I think this radio do not has elevons set up indeed.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:21 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a bit confused at your solution, in the model settings for Elevon you would set the wing type as tailless and the wing servo number and the whole thing is set up automatically, alivator is for a normal configeration airframe to use seperate elevators as ailerons and elevators, with ailerons still working on the wing, the packet of information sent to the Rx is larger using this and you would have to re-assign the servo positions in the function menu, especially if you are using an HS Rx as you would want your main controls on the fist six servo outputs.

Mike
Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Guillermo Ibanez

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

I am a bit confused at your solution, in the model settings for Elevon you would set the wing type as tailless and the wing servo number and the whole thing is set up automatically, alivator is for a normal configeration airframe to use seperate elevators as ailerons and elevators, with ailerons still working on the wing, the packet of information sent to the Rx is larger using this and you would have to re-assign the servo positions in the function menu, especially if you are using an HS Rx as you would want your main controls on the fist six servo outputs.

Mike
That's right.

My set up is for normal configuration (airplane, 2 ailerons and ailevator)

I have never try a tailess configuration, and as you said, (i have not try), elevons may appear in this set up.

But, I always though that Kevin set up was for a normal configuratioin, not for a tailless wing.

Kevin, try Mike's solution and post your results

Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM
BaldEagel

As Kevin mentioned Elevons in his first post I assumed he had a need for them on a Delta, Alivators are different as you say and are a quite different in set up.

Mike
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Guillermo Ibanez

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

As Kevin mentioned Elevons in his first post I assumed he had a need for them on a Delta, Alivators are different as you say and are a quite different in set up.

Mike
My assumption was because Tam Jets F-16 use elevons. No Ailerons. And I have a Skymaster F-16 that use ailerons and elevators. My Ailevators set up on my turbine Jet, is just a plus I want to have for maneuvering.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Yellow F16 and an Avonds F16 that both use Tailerons (Flying Stabs that move Together, as Elevators, and Opposite, as Ailerons. On my Futaba 8U and 9C, Ailevator worked fine for that purpose. For all other applications, I just used Ailevator to mix Elevator ch and Aux3 ch, and I would set the Aileron component to zero.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to set up ELEVONS, use one of the "Flying Wing" type of aircraft. That will automatically set up the ailerons and elevators properly. You then adjust the rates, throws, and expo in the regular AFR sections for the aileron and elevator functions.

If you want to have conventional elevators operate with the ailerons, then set up a conventional airplane with the AILEVATOR Tail Type. You then adjust the amount of movement in the Ailevator section of the Model Menu.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Mr. Mugen

Thanks a lot guy's! I got it working. I used bax's advise. It was easier than I thought. Thanks Bax.

Kevin
Old 02-03-2010, 01:54 AM
BaldEagel

You are welcome [&:]
Old 02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to help.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Mr. Mugen

To the rest who helped.....thanks a lot as well. I learned more than I was looking to know by trying all your suggestions. Now I know how ailevators work too Oh and Winglets.....they are new as well. All in all it was a learning exp. from all suggestions. Thanks again.

Kevin
Old 02-03-2010, 12:34 PM
BaldEagel

Kevin

When setting up a Delta like a Rookie or a Eurosport the tailless set up with multiple servo's helps a lot, but then with winglets you also have the rudders working as they should all automatically combined on the trims ATV and Dual rates, the only mix you would have to use would be for a Canard on the ones I have mentioned, the 12FG is without doubt the most capable Tx I have seen, the only down side is the small battery.

Mike