Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question about receiver for futaba

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 03:50 PM
LynneFlies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about receiver for futaba

I'm still fairly new to the RC world where I need to ask something once in a while. I need a receiver for my futaba radio and looking on tower hobbies at the one I need, theny have it listed twice as High and Low but they are both 72MHz and w/o a crystal. If so, what is the difference? I want to use channel 50 on it. Which would I order? Thanks!

Futaba R127DF FM 72MHz High w/o Crystal
or
Futaba R127DF FM 72MHz Low w/o Crystal

Thanks ahead for your help!

Warren
Old 07-11-2003, 03:54 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

high.... I believe channel 32 is the cut-off...but not sure! 50 is definitely ....high though

also.... check out there hobbico receivers...these are futaba
Old 07-11-2003, 05:10 PM
Krysta

CrashBox,

Low band is any channel between channel 11 and 35.
High band is any channel between channel 36 and 60.

Tower sells there receivers on specific channel numbers.

I hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 217-398-8970 for Support, 217-398-0007 for Service or via fax at 217-398-7721 or by email at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Also you may want to check our Website at (http://www.futaba-rc.com)
Old 07-11-2003, 06:14 PM
fritzthecat
My Feedback: (4)

You can safe a few $$$ and order the Hobbico 7ch receiver. It's a Futaba R127 with a Hobbico sticker on it. For U$ 50 you get the xtal with it.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXLN98**&P=7

Fritz
Old 07-12-2003, 01:21 AM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

If you only need FM (PPM NOT PCM) buy a better receiver , maybe even for less money...get a HITEC or FMA FM rx for operation with Futaba. With the HITEC / FMA one doesn't need to worry about high or low band...just plug in your correct HITEC or FMA crystal on your desired frequency and FLY.
You might also consider one to he micro-sized DUAL conversion receivers by HITEC / FMA; they will handle anything from some of the smallest plane to quarter scale ships. They are only small in physical size.
Good prices may be had (with NO shipping charges) from Servo City on the HITEC (servocity.com). Visit the FMA homepage for their goods (fmadirect.com). You will like the prices of the HITEC rx crystals from Servo City also.
I have ordered from both companies with very positive results.
We have several of these in use at our field with GREAT service. I personally fly two HITEC rx's (a 535 and 555) and two FMA micro ( a Quantum 6 ch and a Quantum 8 ch) (one each in 40+ size ships and two of them in electric powered ships).
Old 07-12-2003, 11:27 PM
cassidy
My Feedback: (5)

Default Futaba 127 RX

The Futaba 127 is their ECONOMY Rx and it in no way compares to a Hitec or Fma.
Compared to the competition it is a 10 year old design that they should be ashamed to include with any of their sets.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:15 AM
ec121k

Cassidy, tell us how you really feel. ('cause I agree. The 127 is outclassed by just about anything else out there. Even the Berg single conversions.)

Only problem with my FMA and JR R700 is I sometimes lose track of them on my "slightly" cluttered work bench.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:24 PM
jb86
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Question about receiver for futaba

i know this is an old thread, but i'm interested in info on fma quantum receivers. i fly w/ airtronics rd 8000. i'm building 2 profile 3d aircraft, the two receivers that will fit well are the jr 700 (jr now has a 6 channel that is universal for are brands), and quantum 8. i have heard alot of good of the fma, but a few bad reports of the 5 channel. i expect the jr 700 would be fine w/ airtronics (positive shift), but i haven't been told for sure.
jon b
Old 12-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not understand the bashing of the 127 receiver. True it is an older design but, unless you have made some sensitivity checks to prove otherwise, I believe it is just as sensitive as any of the others. Before you bash a product, do some statistical tests to be sure you are not doing a company a disservice. True, the FMA, most Hitec, and many other receivers are also good and will serve you well but there is really nothing wrong with the way a Futaba 127 performs. Good designs just seem to stay around for a long time.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:08 AM
oldtyme

Hey Rodney,

I couldn't agree with you more. I own about 10 of the Futaba 127's some in the high band
and some in the low and I have them in some pretty decent airplanes and they all perform
very well. Now maybe if you're Chip Hyde you might notice a difference but for most of the
sport flyers out here.....including myself.........you can't go wrong with the old reliable 127.
I do own some 138, 148 and 149's too........all are gems in my opinion.

Andy