Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Losi Radio system with Spektrum 2.4ghz DSM Technology

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Losi Radio system with Spektrum 2.4ghz DSM Technology

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:46 AM
stussy2870

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Radio system with Spektrum 2.4ghz DSM Technology

Hey guys-

New to the Spektrum DSM stuff... So my mini LST2 LE came with it and i was wondering what all i need to do to use this transmitter w/ a new vehicle? Is it even possible?

Im looking to move into the SC10 racing arena and im looking for the easiest way get there without buying a whole new Radio if all i need is a "reciever".

Can someone help me out there so that i dont waste money on stuff i dont actually need.

thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
stussy2870

Default RE: Losi Radio system with Spektrum 2.4ghz DSM Technology

ok- 20+ views and no one knows?? come on guys can someone help out?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have responded sooner but I did not know what an LST2 was. I see that it is an RC Car. I do not know what Spektrum radio came with yours. I use Spektrum radios in airplanes, so I am not familiar with any differences there might be in Car Radios.

Generally, you insert the Bind Plug in the Bind Port on the Rx and turn on the Rx. Lights should Blink. You push and hold the Bind Button, on the Tx, and then turn on the Tx. Let go of the Bind Button and the Rx lights should go out and back on again. Now, remove the Bind Plug from the Rx.

With Spektrum radios that have more than one Model Memory, you would go through this same procedure for each Model Memory and each Rx. If you have five Model Memories and five Rx's then you would Bind each Model Memory to each Rx. You can Bind one Model Memory to more than one Rx if you wanted to use more than one Rx in the same model (some aircraft fliers like to do this to split up the Current Load between two Rx's). With Spektrum, once you Bind a Model Memory to an Rx, a feature called Model Match prevents you from accidentally selecting the Wrong Model Memory because if you do, the Tx will not communicate with the Rx until you select the Model Memory that you used when you Bound the Tx to the Rx.

If your Spektrum radio only has One Model Memory, then you will have to ReBind the Tx to the Rx every time you change Rx's. This is also true with other manufacturer's 2.4 radios except that Spektrum is the Only radio that has Model Match.

Let us know what Tx and Rx you are using. It helps if you give more details.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 PM
stussy2870

hey busch-

Thanks for the response. So as far as the radio goes, I dont really know much about it at all... It came with my Losi Mini LST2 LE. The Subject is copied directly from thier website. Im "assuming" that the model memory is 1 - i would probably have to re bind it or whatever to each car. That is fine - i can handle that just dont know what to do...what reciever to buy etc?

Again, i just dont want to waste money if i dont have to..

thanks!!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 AM
BuschBarber

One thing for sure, if it is a Spektrum Tx then you can only use Spektrum Rx's. With 2.4 radios, there are no 3rd party Rx's. The Rx must be from the same manufacturer as the Tx or Tx Module (Futaba with Futaba, JR/Spektrum with JR/Spektrum, Airtronics with Airtronics, etc.). JR uses Spektrum technology so they are both interchangeable. Some Tx's have interchangeable RF Modules which means, for example, you can put a Spektrum 2.4 RF Module in a Futaba 9CAP, but you could only use JR/Spektrum 2.4 Rx's with that RF Module.

I do not believe that 2, 3, 4, 5,and 6 channel Tx's support RF Modules.

Spektrum has a wide variety of Rx's. I am not familiar with the 2 and 3 channel Rx's. Spektrum uses two separate technologies, DSM and DSM2. If your Tx uses DSM, then you can only use DSM Rx's. If your Tx uses DSM2, you may be able to use either DSM or DSM2 Rx's.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 PM
stussy2870

This is the exact radio that i have-
http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-Mini-Slider...item27afbeb9b6

Can i buy an additional reciever and use the originaltransmitter? is it just not worth it? Can anyone help out with this?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 06:13 AM
BuschBarber

I do not know anything about this radio. Call Horizon and they should be able to tell you what Rx's are available.