RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

will my futaba 2.4 7c create interference when batteries are mounted together?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default will my futaba 2.4 7c create interference when batteries are mounted together?

Will my futaba 2.4gzh 7c radio create interference when batteries are mounted together? i have limited space inside the airplane and want to mount the flight pack and ingintion battery on top of one another.. or is this just an old 72mzh problem only and doesnt effect the new 2.4gzh!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: will my futaba 2.4 7c create interference when batteries are mounted together?

I have not experienced any of the Interference problems that I used to run into with 72Mhz since I switched to Spektrum 2.4. I read quite a few threads regarding possible problems, but many can be explained by improper placement of the Main and Satellite Rx's or inherent problems with servo extensions, switches, and batteries in both the Tx and Rx. This has been true for all 2.4 brands, not just Spektrum.

If the Rx is buried and your have Carbon Fiber fuse, there are actually Rx models that are designed for this type of aircraft. Some people have drilled small holes to let the Antennas stick out. For most Balsa, Hardwood, Plywood models, you should not have a problem. 2.4 is very resistant to RF Noise like Electronic Ignition, Spark Plugs, Electric Motors, Servos, Metal to Metal, etc.

Most important is to use Rx batteries that have more than enough Capacity to handle the highest Current Draw you system can make. If all your servos stalled at the same time, during flight, how much current would the system draw. It could be enough to cause your Rx battery voltage to drop low enough, momentarily, to get a short loss of signal. Using a 6v battery, instead of a 4.8v, where possible, is a good idea.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: will my futaba 2.4 7c create interference when batteries are mounted together?

The best solution is to not have any ignition generated RF to begin with. Set up your plane carefully and if possible test the installation with a 72MHz PPM receiver.