Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba 7c problem

Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 7c problem

i have a futaba 7c radio that just went dead after i performed the charging circuit mod to bypass the diode so i can use my field chargers (sirius) for charging at the field, after i soldered the 36 gauge jumper in place i reassembled the transmitter back cover and reinstalled the battery, plugged the charger into the radio to check and see if the green charge light comes on,which it did.i unplugged the transmitter charge leads,turned the radio on and it went on for about 3-5 seconds and then it went out, then i notice the smell of something had burned up in the transmitter, i had done the same mod to several of my other radios without any problems, i was so p#@$&^% off, I lost all the programming for my 9 planes and 1 helicopter on that radio and now i have to get another transmitter and reinstall all my settings all over. i was going to do that mod on another 7c that i had just purchased a few months ago, not gonna do that now. has anyone else done the jumper mod recommended by sirius and toasted their radio? i think sirius should buy me a new transmitter. i have 3 sirius chargers and i would not recommend their product anymore just because you have to do the mod to use the charger on the radios
Old 06-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: futaba 7c problem

Ummm......I don't think that you are going to like the replies that will be forth coming......................
Old 06-12-2010, 08:34 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

You could have saved yourself some agrivation by having a poly switch installed. It provides the over current protection of a fuse, bypasses the diode so your sensing chargers work, and maintains warranty if done by Futaba, Radio South or the like.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:47 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You made the choice to attempt the modification, you should not blame anyone but yourself.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:06 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Go back in and look. I can almost guarantee you created a solder bridge across a cricuit. Your bad. I don't know how the heck you could be so angry with Sirius. Maybe you just needed to vent a little?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 AM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

i didn't know that futaba had a polyswitch you could use instead of that diode, i'll have to send my new one in and have that installed and have them see what went wrong with my other transmitter, probably will be cheaper to just buy another one instead, i've done the charging circuit mod to my other older transmitters with success, i just wanted to consolidate all my planes and helicopter into 2 radios so i wouldn't have to drag all of them to the field. I think sirius should have mentioned something about futaba having a polyswitch so a person has the choice of installing a jumper wire or having futaba install a polyswitch instead
Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 AM
fmw

ORIGINAL: avidflyguy
i think sirius should buy me a new transmitter.
LOL. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions any more.