Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba converson to 2.4

Old 03-12-2010, 02:02 PM
superbird
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba converson to 2.4

Hi, I have a futaba 8u aka super 8. I want to convert it to 2.4 and I was wanting to know if hitec makes the moduals that will work with this radio as they are less expensive than the high priced futaba parts.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 02:44 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: futaba converson to 2.4

I have been following the Hitec Aurora 9 thread. They have modules for the Optic 6 but I do not know if they will work in the 8U. Previously, Hitec and Futaba 72Mhz modules were interchangable, but neither company supported their use in the other's radio.

I believe Spektrum has a module that will work with the 8U.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:45 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: superbird Hi, I have a futaba 8u aka super 8. I want to convert it to 2.4 and I was wanting to know if hitec makes the moduals that will work with this radio as they are less expensive than the high priced futaba parts. Thanks
Spectra Pro 2.4Ghz is compatible with other Module Type Transmitters that use the same Futaba/Hitec module shape/size/pin slots. e.g.:
5UAF, 5UAP
7UAF,7UAFS, 7UAP,7UAPS, 7UHF,7UHFS, 7UHP,7UHPS
8UAF, 8UAFS, 8UAP, 8UAPS, 8UHF,8UHFS,8UHP, 8UHPS
(8FGA, 8FGH as non-module radios can not be accomodated).
9CA, 9CH, 9CAPS, 9CAFS, 9CHPS, 9CHFS
10CH, 10CA
(10CAG or 10CHG as non-module radios can not be accomodated).

Spectra Pro Antenna Mast - Fitting to other than Aurora TX.,may also assist as will

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Alex Treneff

Hi Superbird,

Assan also makes a very affordable plug-and-play 2.4 GHz module compatible with the Futaba 8U. You can read more about it on our Assan F.A.Q. page: https://www.treneffrc.com/assanfaq.asp

Alex

Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 PM
lherning

Hi, I’m looking for help. Installed the spectra 2.4 Module to a FUTABA T8UAP S, but it does not work. Red led turns on but nothing else seems to work, the RF indicator “underscore” does not activate at power on like it does with Spectra Multichanel or a Futaba FM Modules. I checked on PPM first, then PCM but nothing. Tried to bind the receiver, nothing. What else may I be doing wrong?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:10 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lherning Hi, I’m looking for help. Installed the spectra 2.4 Module to a FUTABA T8UAP S, but it does not work. Red led turns on but nothing else seems to work, the RF indicator “underscore” does not activate at power on like it does with Spectra Multichanel or a Futaba FM Modules. I checked on PPM first, then PCM but nothing. Tried to bind the receiver, nothing. What else may I be doing wrong?
"T8UAP not working"
1. RF indicators only work with 35mhz, 36mhz, 40mhz, 41mhz, 72mhz or 75 mhz modules. It does not work with any 2.4GHz module as the RF does not pass through through the older system/antenna.
2. AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking & Range Testing Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver - TX must be set to PPM.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 06-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember that when when bind a receiver, you have to cycle the power switches on both receiver and transmitter before it will start working. My Hitec 2.4 module is working real well with my 9C. I hope you can figure yours out.