Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics/Sanwa compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
niceday2ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics/Sanwa compatibility?

I was at a local hobby shop the other day and I was chatting with the salesman. I mentioned during the course of conversation that I am thinking about buying a 2.4GHz radio soon and have been toying with idea of either the Futaba 4PK or Airtronics M11X.

He then said, "Oh, don't get the Airtronics. You'll have to stick with their system."

Stupid me, I didn't ask him what that means. Does that mean that with Futaba you can use aftermarket servos like Hitec, but that you can't with Airtronics.

Can anyone shed some light on this comment?
Old 03-17-2010, 06:55 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Airtronics/Sanwa compatibility?

When you buy any 2.4Ghz radio system, you are locked into that companies receivers, just like with PCM receivers. There is no interoperability between brands when it comes to receiver. Servos, you can mix and match to your hearts content[8D].
Typical sales pitch[&:]
Pete
Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 PM
niceday2ride

It sounded like a pile of BS to me as well. Since the lack of receiver compatibility is not exclusive to Airtronics I wasn't sure what he meant by that. I'm probably going to go with the M11X if servo and ESC compatibility with aftermarket brands is not an issue with Futaba or Airtronics.

I'll be using the new radio with my RS4 Nitro, AE TC3 drifter, Losi XXX-T and my Venom Creeper. I mostly need the new radio for the Creeper which will have 2 micro servos to lock & unlock the diffs and for the DIG.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Futaba radios for many years and except for PCM Rx's, which had to be Futaba, most of my FM/PPM Rx's were Hitec. When I bought my first Spektrum 2.4 module, I realized that I could only use JR/Spektrum Rx's. This is true with every manufacturer of 2.4 Tx's and 2.4 RF Modules. Futaba with Futaba, JR/Spektrum with JR/Spektrum, Airtronics with Airtronics, Hitec with Hitec, etc..
Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 PM
niceday2ride

Thanks for the help, but I don't think you're following the conversation. I'm aware of the TX/RX non-compatibility issue. I was inquiring about RX and Servo/ESC compatibility.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
aydin3
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: niceday2ride

Thanks for the help, but I don't think you're following the conversation. I'm aware of the TX/RX non-compatibility issue. I was inquiring about RX and Servo/ESC compatibility.
most of the servos and E#SCs from ALL the manufacturers will work with ALL the s.4 rx's