Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Charger dead & JR FM XP6102 vs OEM 2.4ghz

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
TheN3rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Charger dead & JR FM XP6102 vs OEM 2.4ghz

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
Hello, All.
I've flown my planes for a handful of years now, but only lightly; maybe an average of 10 or so flights a year. So, my radio (JR XP6102) is lightly used, as is the charger. Come to find out, the charger (http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...ProdID=JRPC222) just all-out died and quit working. Is there any chance JR will replace it, as I don't feel as though it has been used nearly enough to have died.
Question number two:
Seeing as this is becoming a slightly older FM radio, and I have an electric heli on the way (Belt CP V2 w/ OEM 2.4ghz radio), should I even consider using my radio since it comes with one less prone to interference?
Anyone interested in buying, as I wouldn't mind upgrading to something...a little more modern.
Thanks, and any Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.
</meta></meta>
Old 03-25-2010, 10:40 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR Charger dead & JR FM XP6102 vs OEM 2.4ghz

Call Horizon Hobby's service center and ask - the worst they can do is say no on replacing the charger. There ought to be lots of them out there available, as folks are using other batteries, etc, that have to use specialized chargers, so the standard "wall wart" that comes with the radio gets tossed aside, or the connectors cut off to make charge leads for other chargers.

You might find takers for the 6102, but don't expect to get much for it. 72MHz radios are dropping in value all the time with more and more people moving to 2.4GHz and selling old radios. Watch the classified ads here on RCU or online auction sites, see what similar things are actually selling for. I plan to keep mine for backup use, and not all of the things I fly have been switched to 2.4GHz yet.

For the heli, I'd be inclined to use what comes with it.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
TheN3rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, that's helpful. I was more inclined towards using the 2.4 radio even though it's stock. I figure glitch-free flying is more valuable right now than a fancier computer radio. Hopefully one of these days I can get enough cash rounded up to get myself a dx6i.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:03 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been in this hobby a long time. I still use the simple Wall Charger, occasionally, with NiMh batteries, but a long time ago, I started purchasing Cycling type chargers that use Pulsed charging and anticipate the Peak voltage of the batteries so as not to Overcharge. There are various ones on the market that work with specific batteries, such as LiPos, or for all types of batteries.

Buy a decent charger and you will end up with batteries that have longer life and better performance.