Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aurora 9 TX Charging Plug Type?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 TX Charging Plug Type?

Hey all,
I'm at work so I can't check myself, but I'm wondering exactly which size plug is used for the TX battery charge port on the Aurora 9.

I think it's either a 2.1mm or a 2.5mm, but I'm not sure.

Any help?

Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 TX Charging Plug Type?

ORIGINAL: Highflight Hey all, I'm at work so I can't check myself, but I'm wondering exactly which size plug is used for the TX battery charge port on the Aurora 9. I think it's either a 2.1mm or a 2.5mm, but I'm not sure. Any help?
Aurora A9 -110/230 Vac charger Charge Plug/adaptor sizes. [Red LED does not change to Green simply dims out but charge continues same rate].
Aurora A9 - Diode in TX Charge Circuit Never Jump TX Charge Circuit Diode - Hitec FAQ.
Aurora A9 - Eclipse 7, Flash 4&5, Optic 6, Prism 7 series Lipol, Field and Fast Charging.

more info at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Highflight

ORIGINAL: A.T.

ORIGINAL: Highflight Hey all, I'm at work so I can't check myself, but I'm wondering exactly which size plug is used for the TX battery charge port on the Aurora 9. I think it's either a 2.1mm or a 2.5mm, but I'm not sure. Any help?
http://<font color=''#22229c''><u>Au...ger</u></font> Charge Plug/adaptor sizes. [Red LED does not change to Green simply dims out but charge continues same rate].
http://<font color=''#22229c''><u>Au...uit</u></font> Never Jump TX Charge Circuit Diode - Hitec FAQ.
http://<font color=''#22229c''><u>Au...ies</u></font> Lipol, Field and Fast Charging.

more info at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
One reference says this:
"For those with an appropriate alternate charger, the charge lead is fitted with a 1.3mm DC Power Line Female Connector. [1.3mm ID x 3.5 mm OD x 9.5 mm shaft length]"
But the next reference below that refers to a "larger" plug says:
"For comparison, other current Hitec system Chargers with larger 3.5mm Tx plug."

I really don't think that the transmitter plug on the original charger is a 3.5mm OD plug. That's why my thought was that it was either one of the smaller sizes; the 2.1mm or 2.5mm.

The post linked may need to be corrected because I use a lot of 3.5mm plugs, and the A9 TX charger plug is much smaller than the 3.5mm size plug.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:26 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Highflight One reference says this:
"For those with an appropriate alternate charger, the charge lead is fitted with a 1.3mm DC Power Line Female Connector. [1.3mm ID x 3.5 mm OD x 9.5 mm shaft length]" But the next reference below that refers to a "larger" plug says:
"For comparison, other current Hitec system Chargers with larger 3.5mm Tx plug."
I really don't think that the transmitter plug on the original charger is a 3.5mm OD plug. That's why my thought was that it was either one of the smaller sizes; the 2.1mm or 2.5mm. The post linked may need to be corrected because I use a lot of 3.5mm plugs, and the A9 TX charger plug is much smaller than the 3.5mm size plug.
First reference is to the Aurora &Optic Sport TX chargerplug which is deliberately smaller so the larger plugs of 9.6v output chargers can not be inserted and "cook the works". Pleasenote the first three words of
Typo..should have read larger 5.5mm (outer)Tx plug." now reads
"
For comparison, other current Hitec system Chargers with larger 2.1mm ID x 5.5mm OD Tx plug."
Thank you.

Attached copy of label, owndesign sold world wide,may clarify:
in need refer to information available under many sub sections at

Regards
Alan T.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51250.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1404740  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:33 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Futaba is 2.5mm diameter for the center pin, 5.5mm outer diameter. JR uses 2.1mm dia center pin, 5.5mm outer diameter.

1.3 inner, 3.5 outer is another readily available size. I don't have an A9 to look at, but if it's smaller than the typical JR/Futaba connectors it just might be the 1.3/3.5 type.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:25 AM
Highflight

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2

The Futaba is 2.5mm diameter for the center pin, 5.5mm outer diameter. JR uses 2.1mm dia center pin, 5.5mm outer diameter.

1.3 inner, 3.5 outer is another readily available size. I don't have an A9 to look at, but if it's smaller than the typical JR/Futaba connectors it just might be the 1.3/3.5 type.

I finally got a chance to caliper the darn thing, and yes, I was wrong. I made it official that it actually is a 1.3mm/3.5mm plug.
And oh yea, the shaft length is 8mm long for sure if anyone wants to know for sure besides me, which is different from the stated 9.5mm shaft length in the link provided in the earlier post. But of course, a 9.5mm would work fine.
Mine is a very recent radio so maybe the plug length was changed during production, but it's certainly an inconsequential change.