RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aurora 9 question

Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
airfiddler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Aurora 9 question

Is it possible to have the slider switches as OFF or Normal when the slider is in the UP position instead the default DOWN position ? I would like to have the left slider which controls the flaps on my P-51D in the up position when the flaps are in the up (stowed)position. When I move the left slider Down, I would like the flaps to lower. I am still learning the features of this awesome radio and have not figured this out yet. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Aurora 9 question

Reverse the channel used by the flaps and re-position the horns if needed to have the flaps at the neutral position with the lever all the way up.

Mike.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Reverse the channel used by the flaps and re-position the horns if needed to have the flaps at the neutral position with the lever all the way up.

Mike.
Mike,

I don't think your answer is 100% correct because you will not be able to use elevator deflection mix built into the flap cont screen. This is a software flaw and should be addressed in a future revision. Not that I am trying to make a comparison but rather to show that other radios can do change the direction of any of the sliders so that an up slider is an up flap and all of the mixes work in either direction check out the Futaba 12FG and above. I have spent many hours on the A9 trying to resolve the issue that airfiddler raises and also posted on threads asking for input or a solution and none have been offered. This feature needs some work and ultimately a software revision.

Howard
Old 03-28-2010, 07:38 PM
bhouin
My Feedback: (106)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Howard, I agree that the A9 could use a software update to improve the functionality of the Flap Cont system. Specifically, I would like to see improvements regarding elevator compensation when coupled with servo speed. I have tried a number of ways and have been unable to come up with a method to have the speed of the flaps be reflected in the speed of the elevators during compensation. It also sounds like for those that would like to use the sliders to control flaps (I prefer to use a 3 position switch) could use an update to the Flap Cont system.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:33 PM
airfiddler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Howard seems to be correct, as I can't mix in the elevator using Mike's suggestion. Until a firmware update is available I will assign the flaps to a three position switch. In a radio system this new, I would expect a few bugs to show themselves. How the problems, suggestions and bugs are addressed by the manufacturer will separate the men from the boys. The firmware update capability will prove to be worth it's weight in gold for A9 owners. Thanks for the input. Cheers....... Airfiddler
Old 03-29-2010, 03:14 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If not careful and all this firmware updating occurs, someone should keep in mind how changes can affect existing setups. Everyone tread carefully with the update process.

WARNING from a techie! Some code change will introduce a change to an existing function, unintentionally(bug) and down will come models (potentially).

Maybe that's why firmware updates are few and far between on RC TX's.

Anyone that says this is not a possibility please stay away from the code!

Sorry I guess off topic.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bhouin

Howard, I agree that the A9 could use a software update to improve the functionality of the Flap Cont system. Specifically, I would like to see improvements regarding elevator compensation when coupled with servo speed. I have tried a number of ways and have been unable to come up with a method to have the speed of the flaps be reflected in the speed of the elevators during compensation. It also sounds like for those that would like to use the sliders to control flaps (I prefer to use a 3 position switch) could use an update to the Flap Cont system.
Thank you for reminding me I should also have mentioned that I cannot get the elevator servo speed to change using the flap control page even though the flap speed can be slowed. What happens is that you can begin to lower the flaps at a reduced speed and the elevator offset deflection moves its full programmed amount instantly. If someone knows how then please let me know. If I am wrong and someone shows me how then that is great but, honestly I have spent hours trying to resolve the flap control screen issues and I am reasonably confident they do not work as they should nor are they as flexible as other radios. I hate to say this but the JR 9303 flap control screen is much more flexible and usable than the existing A9. All of the stuff is there the programming needs work and a revision. It is a great radio, sets new standards and there is room to make a great radio better. By the way I placed my A9 on order in March of 2009 and was one of the first to receive it from Tower. I plan to buy a backup after the flap system gets fixed.

Howard
Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 PM
bhouin
My Feedback: (106)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Howard

ORIGINAL: bhouin

Thank you for reminding me I should also have mentioned that I cannot get the elevator servo speed to change using the flap control page even though the flap speed can be slowed. What happens is that you can begin to lower the flaps at a reduced speed and the elevator offset deflection moves its full programmed amount instantly. If someone knows how then please let me know. If I am wrong and someone shows me how then that is great but, honestly I have spent hours trying to resolve the flap control screen issues and I am reasonably confident they do not work as they should nor are they as flexible as other radios. I hate to say this but the JR 9303 flap control screen is much more flexible and usable than the existing A9. All of the stuff is there the programming needs work and a revision. It is a great radio, sets new standards and there is room to make a great radio better. By the way I placed my A9 on order in March of 2009 and was one of the first to receive it from Tower. I plan to buy a backup after the flap system gets fixed.

Howard
This is the one weakness that I have found so far when comparing my A9 to my JR 9303. I sure hope that they provide a way to do this in a future firmware update. You might consider posting on software update request thread on the other site in the hitec forum to request this change.