RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Odd RX/TX binding issue

Old 04-12-2010, 03:25 AM
RappyPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Odd RX/TX binding issue

Hi all

A flying friend of mine has a 2.4Ghz Futaba EX6 TX and two receivers, one that he got with the radio, a 6 channel RX, and he bought a 7 channel R617FS reciver. Both of them were wroking perfectly fine.

Then he came to the field saying his RX's unbound themselves .... He managed to bind his TX to his 6 channel RX but it would not bind to his his 7 channel receiver.

So I tried using my Futaba 7C and it binds perfectly to that 7 channel RX, another friend also witha 6EX also manages to bind his TX to that RX as well. I then though there has to be a problem with his TX because everyone else can bind to that RX.

Then, to make thing even more weird, we tried one more thing, his TX does that does not bind to his 7 channel RX DOES bind to my R617FS receiver !!!

So, I just can't seem to figure out if there is something wrong with his TX or his RX.

Anyone have any clever ideas?

Marcel

Old 04-12-2010, 04:39 AM
davidbegg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Odd RX/TX binding issue

<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"><meta content="Word.Document" name="ProgId"><meta content="Microsoft Word 11" name="Generator"><meta content="Microsoft Word 11" name="Originator">
Old 04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
davidbegg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi something has gone wrong when I tried to edit my post. Did you read it or do I have to type it out again???
Old 04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
davidbegg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well you never know your luck, I had saved the response in Word on my other computer. Have to get lucky sometime!!!Here it is again.

Hi, Your friend has experienced the same problem as I did with his Futaba Tx. It has reverted to zero codes ( This was a fault identified with SOME Futaba Txs a couple of years ago.) It means any other Futaba Tx with the same faulty zero code will be bound to your friends Rx as well as his Tx. The Tx has stopped binding with a unique code. That is why the Rx appeared to became unbound, the Tx code signal had changed from the unique code to the zero code. Older Rx (like the one that probably came with the Tx package) will accept the zero code and you are probably are unaware that the code has even changed to the faulty zero code. However newer Rx will not accept a zero code, they will not bind. Apart from the possibility of other faulty Txs with the zero code interfering with your Rx the Tx still works fine. The solution is to send in the Tx to the agents to get the code upgraded, once fixed it will not happen again. This has only happened on a small number of early 2.4 Tx , and is no longer on an issue on newer Txs as it has been corrected in manufacture. You can find serial numbers of Txs possibly affected and so on by searching this web site.

This is the link to my discussion about the same issue that happened to me a year or so back.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_90...tm.htm#9014268

Cheers

David