Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9303 aileron mixing

Old 04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
rcflyer52
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 aileron mixing

I want to have the 4 aileron servos connected to 4 different channels. I am using an AR9000 receiver. The battery is olugged into the batt/bind port to free up aux4.
Is there a way to mix aux 3 with aileron channel and aux 4 with aux 1? Has anybody tried this? Am I peeing against the wind.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:37 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 9303 aileron mixing

I'm sure you can do what you want. Start reading at page A-40, programable mixes. I have the X9303 but have not yet had a need for four aileron servos. But the mixes are where I would start.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Try this:4 Aileron Servo’s

1. Go to System Menu
2. Device Select: INH:Aux#2,3,4.
3. Wing Type: Normal
4. Mate: Aileron..Aux#2
5. Go to Function List
6. Mix #5 Aileron>Aux#3
Pos#0 100% 100% (Move Ail Stk
Pos#1 100% 100% (Move Ail Stk
7. Mix #6 #Aileron>Aux#4
Pos#0 100% 100% (Move Ail Stk
Pos#1 100% 100% (Move Ail Stk
8. Go to Monitor Screen, Check
Movement of the Ailerons.
9. Travel adjustments, Reverse,
Sub Trims, can be adjusted
accordingly.

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 04-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcflyer52

I want to have the 4 aileron servos connected to 4 different channels. I am using an AR9000 receiver. The battery is olugged into the batt/bind port to free up aux4.
Is there a way to mix aux 3 with aileron channel and aux 4 with aux 1? Has anybody tried this? Am I peeing against the wind.
It can be done, but you won't have trim on one side.

The X9303/X9503 do not natively support four aileron servos for matching, gotta go to a 12X for that and there is still some discussion about whether or not the new 11X Zero will have that capability.

What are you trying to setup? There is a setup for something like a Stik, but that's different than say a 35% size model with two servos per aileron.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:30 PM
rcflyer52
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks for the quick response guys.
I am setting up a Wild Hare Ultimate bipe and thought that that would be an easy way to be sure that all the ailerons move equally.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:21 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As Zeeb wrote, there is no way to have a common aileron trim for more than two channels in the 9303 ACRO mode. If you are setting up a bipe with four ailerons, you can easily adapt Horizon’s setup for the Ultra Stick. You would use the paired flaps as your second set of ailerons. Use the paired ailerons on the upper wing and the paired flaps as the ailerons on the lower wing (or vice versa). The program, http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...rogramming.pdf, was written for a seven-channel receiver. Since you have an AR9000, I would recommend you use AUX3 instead of AUX2 for the left flap. This will allow you to trim the flaps in an aileron fashion.

Pick out a memory slot and do a MDL Reset.

In DeviceSEL, INH the GEAR and AUX3 output. Leave FLAP output as SYS and leave the FLAP Trim ON.

In Wing TYPE set the wing to NORMAL, mate the GEAR channel with AILE. Mate FLAP with AUX3. Activate the TRIM under FLAP. (The AUX3 channel was chosen so the (AUX) TRIM could be activated. AUX2 won’t allow you to do this.)

In the FUNC. LIST, activate a program mix and mix AILE => FROL. For Pos0 rates set both the upper and lower rates to +100% (This is the mix that will make the paired flap channels follow the aileron stick movement.)

Now go to the FLAP SYS. menu and setup how much flap deflection you want for the various positions on the three-position flap switch. You most likely will not use the 100% default settings. Twenty percent is a more reasonable number. The FLAP TRIM switch will trim the flaps in the normal flap fashion. The AUX TRIM switch will trim the flaps only in an aileron action manner. The upper ailerons are separately trimmed by the aileron trim. The aileron stick controls all four aileron/flap surfaces.

You could activate another program.mix and mix FLAP => FPRN. This will make your upper ailerons act as flaperons. I can’t recommend what percentages to use as I don’t have a four-channel-aileron bipe. By setting the mixing ratios and select switches in a certain manner, you can get a crow configuration.

Allan