RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Problems with Bluebird 620MG and Spectra 2.4

Old 04-13-2010, 01:47 PM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Problems with Bluebird 620MG and Spectra 2.4

I've been rigging out a new profile plane and decided to try some of the Bluebird 620MG servos for it. I'm using a Futaba 9C w/ Hitec Spectra module and an Optima 7 rx, A123 1100mah rx pack. I've used this setup with different servos on other planes without any problems. After getting everything plugged in, I started testing all the surfaces. What I got was terrible glitching problems, if you can call it glitching. The surfaces might move, and they might not. If they did move, sometimes they were delayed by a second or so. Almost like I was getting lockouts or something. But this is 2.4, so that shouldn't happen! Thought maybe my battery was low, so I charged it up and tried again. Same thing. For grins, I tried another 2.4 reciever with the same results. I finally switched back to 72Mhz and the problem cleared up - mostly. 2 of the 620MGs would skip quite a bit if I moved the stick from full one way to full the other. The other 3 seemed to work OK. However, ALL of them were flaky on 2.4... I also tried a Hitec 475 in the same channel and it ran smoothly.

The strange thing is, when I was installing the servos and initially adjusting the surfaces, they all seemed to work fine by themselves. It was only when I got everything hooked up and working together that the problems showed up.

Question is, do Bluebirds have a problem with 2.4, and if so, what is different about the signal to the servo that would cause that?

Old 04-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Hauling-A
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Problems with Bluebird 620MG and Spectra 2.4

I'm running the BMS 373MG's on 2.4GHz without any problems. Using a AR500 Spektrum Rx, AR6100 Spektrum Rx, AR6200 Spektrum Rx. DX-7 or JR X9303 Tx.

Jim