RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics RDS8000 transmitter battery won't go into connection port

Old 04-17-2010, 09:55 PM
PureMuscle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Airtronics RDS8000 transmitter battery won't go into connection port

Hello,

I have an RDS8000 and I bought this ([link]http://www.valuehobby.com/product_details.php?category_id=33&item_id=44[/link]) transmitter battery thinking it had the same connector. The battery fits in the compartment perfectly and with room to spare. However, the connectors on the battery are a "JST-XH (Align/E-Flite) charge port plug, and a Futaba plus a JR style discharge plug" which the website states. I thought that's what the transmitter has. However, the connector must not fit even though they look very similar. Does anyone know how to fix this, or can I solder a different connector on the battery to make it work with the transmitter?

Thank you very much!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Airtronics RDS8000 transmitter battery won't go into connection port

Sure you can solder a different connector on the battery pack, just be extra careful when you do it. Remember: every single model you fly with this radio will depend on this connection.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:13 AM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Airtronics RDS8000 transmitter battery won't go into connection port

Your RDS8000 takes the old style Airtronics. (there is no reason airtronics couldn't go to a newer style plug like the universal type except they are real stubborn or maybe they have a million of those old connectors laying around)
You can change one of the plugs to the old style airtronics easy enough but be very careful as the positive and negative are switched from the normal universal plugs.
Fred
Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 AM
PureMuscle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys'. Where is a good place to buy it from, and what is the old style of the Airtronics connector called? I wonder why the hell Airtronics doesn't just switch connectors.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:45 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PureMuscle

Thanks guys'. Where is a good place to buy it from, and what is the old style of the Airtronics connector called? I wonder why the hell Airtronics doesn't just switch connectors.
You don't even need the old style plug. Use a new style, switch the wires, and make sure the polarity is right. Done it myself.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 AM
PureMuscle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks mrbigg, I'll have to try that. I just want to make sure I put everything back together correctly.