Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Li Po Storage Box

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:44 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Li Po Storage Box

I'm thinking about building a Li Po Storage Box for my batteries. I'm thinking of making a charging/storage box combo. I'm thinking of two compartments with the bottom being the storage. Or would two seperate boxes be better? I would like to make it up out of steel and weld it up with my Mig Welder. I need something that would handle the heat in case of a fire, but something not too heavy. How thick of steel should I use?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:32 AM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Li Po Storage Box

Hey, for about $30 or so from walmart you can get a Firesafe box that will hold at least 10 lipos depending. Very convienent. You can get larger ones if you have lots of batteries. I have two and they are great. I put six to eight 3300s in a lipo bag and put it in the fire safe. You can take the whole thing to the field or just the lipo bag full. Lockable and very neat with handle and fire rated.

Check it out. Lots of places on the net and in stores have them from different companies. Steel is not the total answer unless you are going to store that in an open places not near anything. You need an insulated shell which is what the firesafe type boxes are.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:34 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Buy an ammo case. Done.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good ideas guys, thanks!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Star7

I use two boxes on the theory that if I have a fire it will probably be during charging and I don't want to endanger stored packs. I use ammo cans lined with sheet rock. I have a welder but am lazy.