RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

throttle/steering reversed

Old 04-27-2010, 02:27 PM
punishermustang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default throttle/steering reversed

ok i upgraded to a brushless esc and motor on my mini-t and im using the venom vr3t transmitter. i hooked it all up and when i pull the throttle trigger my wheels turn. and when i try to turn the wheels the motor spins. im not sure what to do. can anybody help me out?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:46 PM
JIMF14D

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: throttle/steering reversed

DID YOU PLUG THE SERVOS AND ESC INTO THE WRONG RX SLOTS? SWITCHED THEM?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are you serious?

Put it all in the box it came in and take it back to the store you bought it from. Basket weaving might be a better choice of a hobby for you.

Dude, [8D] you just pluged the leads in the wrong spot on the receiver. Sorry for sounding so harsh, but this hobby requires some sort of technical knowledge that you are obviously lacking. Buy a book or re-read your instruction manual before you hurt yourself or somebody around you. Glad this was not an aircraft.

Rafael
Old 04-27-2010, 06:05 PM
punishermustang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Actually smart***** the instructions had it backwards.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
JIMF14D

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yea yea, the old "instructions wrong" excuse...have fun
Old 04-27-2010, 06:21 PM
JIMF14D

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Always good to have a snooty know it all helping out! Give the guy a break.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:28 PM
punishermustang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

would you like me to post a pic of the instruction? i realy like this forum ask a question and some know it all old farts call you a retard. im sure you guys never made a simple mistake when you first got into RC.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 PM
JIMF14D

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey, Itried to help and was polite. Iwas teasing about the instructions. Lighten up.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 PM
punishermustang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i kno i meant tthe old fart stuff to the other guy im sorry thanks for helpin me out
Old 04-28-2010, 03:13 AM
bte214

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: punishermustang

would you like me to post a pic of the instruction?
I actually would like to see a pic of this. And if it is backwards like you say, I'm sure the manufacturer wouldn't mind hearing about it either so they could correct it.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Rafael23cc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i kno i meant tthe old fart stuff to the other guy im sorry thanks for helpin me out

I take my hobby seriously. If I don't stuff like this happens:

[link]http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t583545p1/?top=1272493011[/link]
[link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1232145[/link]

And then the fun is over for everybody when the goverment steps in a regulates the hobby just like they did for the ham radio operators, and how they are doing with the UAV legislation. Yes, this has nothing to do with your little car, but believe me it will tie together eventually.

So, yes maybe my comments were a little rude, but this is not rocket science, if the steering controls the throttle, and the trigger moves the wheels, there is only one possibility. Sometimes you have to think _a little_ outside the box with these things. I would also like to see a picture of the instructions.

I am glad you did not get hurt.

Rafael
Old 04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
punishermustang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

there is a huge differance between some dude not knowin how to fly a powerful helicopter near people and me gettin two wires crossed on this little car on a stand on my workbench. now im sure you never made a simple mistake when you started in RC but this is the first time i have ever worked with a hobby grade rc and iam still learning. thats why i started with a mini-t and not some thousand dollar gas powered heli, those are the people who get others hurt. i decided to start small. i knew i would probly make some mistakes like most noobs do. you would think you experienced people would be helpful and not say "Basket weaving might be a better choice of a hobby for you" that was childish. everybody starts somewhere i made a wise choice and went small instead of huge.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:56 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

At 83 I guess I would be classified as an old fart.
If it make you feel any better, I have crashed 9 aircraft due to hooking the ailerons up backwards.
I am currently scratch building a large aircraft. After carefully tapering a former to give me right thrust I just noticed I glued the damn thing in upside down.
Are there any basket weaving schools in Arizona?
Old 04-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Rafael23cc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

there is a huge differance between some dude not knowin how to fly a powerful helicopter near people and me gettin two wires crossed on this little car on a stand on my workbench. now im sure you never made a simple mistake when you started in RC but this is the first time i have ever worked with a hobby grade rc and iam still learning. thats why i started with a mini-t and not some thousand dollar gas powered heli, those are the people who get others hurt. i decided to start small. i knew i would probly make some mistakes like most noobs do. you would think you experienced people would be helpful and not say ''Basket weaving might be a better choice of a hobby for you'' that was childish. everybody starts somewhere i made a wise choice and went small instead of huge.
I'm not going to keep argueing, technical knowledge is the point. We are still waiting for those pictures / scans of the instructions. If they are the way you say they are, then the manufacturer needs to know so the collective technical knowledge can improve and you can help another newbie like you.

Rafael
Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 AM
punishermustang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Now Now, King of RC go play with your helicopters and leave me alone. the only reason i started this post was because i wanted to kno for sure what was wrong so i didnt mess anything up. not everybody was born knowing everything there is to kno like yourself some people learn as they go. i always make sure to test my stuff before i ever take it outside, or around other people. everybody nomatter how old or experienced makes mistakes and you shouldnt make fun of somebody who posts in this forum askin for help, thats immature. all it would have took was you sayin "you got some wires crossed, becareful, have fun, and if you have anymore questions dont be afraid to ask". not some crap like you first posted
Old 04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Rafael23cc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Now Now, King of RC go play with your helicopters and leave me alone. the only reason i started this post was because i wanted to kno for sure what was wrong so i didnt mess anything up. not everybody was born knowing everything there is to kno like yourself some people learn as they go. i always make sure to test my stuff before i ever take it outside, or around other people. everybody nomatter how old or experienced makes mistakes and you shouldnt make fun of somebody who posts in this forum askin for help, thats immature. all it would have took was you sayin ''you got some wires crossed, becareful, have fun, and if you have anymore questions dont be afraid to ask''. not some crap like you first posted
If you are trying to insult me, it is not working. I've seen so many people come and go in this hobby, that I can pick out the ones that will not last. You are steering yourself in the wrong direction. Yes, nobody was born knowing everything about this hobby, and forums are a big help, but really all the information is out there, you just need to learn where to look. Not just rely on the forums for simple situations.

Im really trying to help but you just got wrapped up on one line. You did not even read the rest of my post did you? What would have happened if I had put a happy face behind the comment about basket weaving? Would it be any different? I will edit my post and add a few happy faces in key spots to see how different will it look. I will not change a single word.

Get over yourself, and help yourself and others by posting the instructions that you say are wrong. That is the only way to get to the bottom of this problem.

Rafael
Old 05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
mooseflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow guys, while failing to maintain the true spirit of this forum, you are however sticking to the basic guidelines of true American entertainment.  I subscribe to the threads just because I enjoy a good laugh from reading these "rants".  By the way, Punisher, you probably got some wires crossed, be careful, have fun, and don't let these guys get you down.  In the future, I wouldn't even reply to guys like this.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:35 PM
JIMF14D

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You hit the nail on the head. As my dearly departed Mom used to say, "it is hard to have an intellegent conversation with a horse's butt"! Time to get back to the flying!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Rafael23cc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I get all these insults because I said that basket weaving might be a better hobby to a person who couldn't figure out that he plugged two wires in the wrong place. It was only ONE LINE. Now I get insults from people left and right. You can skip those. I know where I stand and I know how I got here.

If you read my original posting, there was only one line where it might have been taken as an insult. IT WAS NOT AN INSULT. Now I get insults and personal attacks. Read the rest of my original posting and notice that I suggested that he had some wires crossed and he needed to read the manual and / or learn a bit more thru a book.

Now the original poster cannot get over himself and respond to the several requests of scanning the instructions so the manufacturer can be informed of the situation. I've been in the hobby for long enough to know why the request has not been fulfilled.

Rafael
Old 05-06-2010, 09:47 AM
mooseflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry for the "attacks" Rafael.  I'm sure that through your experience and knowledge, you have probably helped a lot of people on these forums.  I don't like to see ANYONE insulted or discouraged here, whether you're a beginner or an expert.  So, Thank you for help.  Don't forget the smiley faces from now on.