Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using non-BEC receiver with ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
kabe586
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using non-BEC receiver with ESC

Hi Everybody,
I was looking to use a non-BEC receiver with an ESC that supports BEC. I would rather not have to use a second battery for the receiver and servos so I came up with an idea on how to wire it. But I have no clue if it will actually work. I figured I would have smarter minds look at it and see if they think it would work. Basically I want take the Receiver BEC connection and split it between the Battery input and say CH4 (Throttle) on the receiver. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Using non-BEC receiver with ESC

Doesn't look like it buys you anything - the power and ground pins on most receivers are common to all of the connectors. Separating the wires and plugging them into different connectors, they end up connected the same place anyway.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:02 PM
kabe586

Maybe I am a little confused then. I thought for a BEC receiver it would be that way. but for a non-bec receiver wouldn't I have to make sure I have the 5V line running to the Battery connection on the Receiver? Maybe I just don't understand the difference.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:13 PM
pilotpete2

There is no such thing as a non-BEC receiver. Just plug your ESC into the throttle channel and you're good to go
Pete
Old 04-29-2010, 12:30 AM
bigben2k

I've got a similar issue; I need to plug two ESCs with BEC to one receiver. So far, they don't like it, and only one will engage.

I'm using a JR R700 receiver, with two Traxxas XL-5 ESCs.

I've tried removing the positive lead from one of the ESC to the receiver, but it doesn't help.

Anyone have any ideas?

edit; never mind, one of my controls wasn't centered; it works fine.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:49 AM
kabe586

Thanks pilotpete2 . That is good to know. Since I saw Traxxas sell both BEC and non-BEC receivers, I thought there was a difference. But maybe not...