RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex MC3030 2.4 conversion

Old 05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
jcwalton
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Multiplex MC3030 2.4 conversion

I have just purchased a Spektrum 2.4 module for my MC3030. The instructions are less than great. Has anyone out there sucessfully completed this process? According to the instructions you need to drill a 5mm hole. It does not say exactly where and how to install the new RF module. Also the new antenna instructions are not clear. I would appreciate any help that can be given. They provide neat pictures but no instructions. Please help! I would enjoy communicating with anyone now using the MC3030. I have had mine for over five years and consider it the best built radio on the market.

Jim Walton
Old 05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
lundy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Multiplex MC3030 2.4 conversion

Hi Jim ,

I have purchased my Spektrum module for my mc3030 yesterday .
Hope to have it delivered this week , as soon It gets in I let you know.

There are some photos of the installation on Google .
You can fit the antenna on a free switch hole on top of the transmitter ,and still use the old Module if you feel the need to to go back to 72mhz ,
Or you can replace the original antenna by the Spektrum one , then you have to take apart the transmitter !
It's depending on how far your want to go in taking apart your tx !

I am going for the free switch hole on the left top side .
I have taken apart my mc3010 tx some time ago and that was a scary operation , take photos before every step you make ,Its of a big help afterwards .

Jules

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Xv65050.pdf (1.58 MB, 43 views)
Old 05-03-2010, 05:26 PM
jcwalton
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Multiplex MC3030 2.4 conversion

Hello Jules,

Thanks for your reply. My unit arrived last week. I had found the instructions on line. They are exactly as the instructions included with the unit. I am mailing my radio and conversion kit to Ernie Pritchard tomorrow. Ernie is the Multiplex service tech. When I first purchased my radio I had it sent directly to Ernie to have it converted to single stick operation. That has been over six years ago and I still think the 3030 is the finest transmitter ever built. Conversion of my unit will require some soldering. I am just not willing to take a chance. I like your idea of keeping the original module operation avaliable. I will talk with Ernie about it. I will let you know how things go. If you are interested, I will be glad to give you Ernie's phone number and address. You might want to use him some day. If you like you can call me at 706-442-5437.

Jim