Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmitter beep not loud enough

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Cajuncharley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter beep not loud enough

The beeps on my transmitter are not loud enough, particularly when the timer beeps are emitted. Although I am not particularly hard of hearing, the frequency range of the beeps are out of my hearing range. I would like to have an adapter or modifidification to my transmitter loud enough to be heard. Any suggestions?

HELP!

Cajuncharley
Old 05-09-2010, 06:06 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Transmitter beep not loud enough

A lot of the older guys at my club use talking timers and hang them around their necks. Then after they are back in the pits with the engine shutdown the timer is still talking. "two minutes", "one minute",....... We walk up to them and say "your timer is on." They respond, "what did you say?"
Old 05-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Lnewqban

Radio Shack has unexpensive but powerful beepers that work with the 9.6 volts of your Tx.
I have used one of these for a plane locator, which I can hear from many yards away.
You could replace the original with one of these; however, I would consult the manufacturer of the Tx.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem with my TX's. When I was on the Buddy box, my instructor could hear it, but I couldn't. My fix was a wind up Cake timer. One very loud Ding. Ican hear it without my hearing aids. My new hearing aids lets me hear the timer on my TX, but I seldom use it.

Don

Old 05-09-2010, 12:41 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

This is a serious problem that radio manufacturers have failed to address.

Almost every older pilot I know has mentioned that they cannot hear or have difficulty hearing beeps in this frequency range.

One in particular abhors electronic trims because he doesn't know if he's moving anything. He's bid big money on ebay for older transmitters with mechanical trims.

I know that Tony Stillman had searched for replacement transducers of a different frequency, but I don't know if he had any success.

Futaba, JR, Hitec, ATX wake up! Sooner or later this will become a safety issue you could've avoided.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:32 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

ORIGINAL: grotto2

This is a serious problem that radio manufacturers have failed to address.

Almost every older pilot I know has mentioned that they cannot hear or have difficulty hearing beeps in this frequency range.

One in particular abhors electronic trims because he doesn't know if he's moving anything. He's bid big money on ebay for older transmitters with mechanical trims.

I know that Tony Stillman had searched for replacement transducers of a different frequency, but I don't know if he had any success.

Futaba, JR, Hitec, ATX wake up! Sooner or later this will become a safety issue you could've avoided.
Cell phones are much smaller and a whole lot louder
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 AM
ss40

Yeah but those one minute beeps re:timer are a little unnerving to me when I'm next to someone with them. I think there's something wrong with my TX power or something. I'm not a young guy either. We had the best of guys in our club but the beep was loud and once a minute, and he would say "Oh, is the timer on?". So what is the point?