Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Buddy box settings for Airtronics RDS8000

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:05 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Buddy box settings for Airtronics RDS8000

Did a search and didn't find the answer to this. When you connect a buddy box to the RDS8000 radio, does the airplane move based on the programming of the master transmitter or of the buddy box?
Old 05-19-2010, 01:02 PM
tuskegee
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buddy box settings for Airtronics RDS8000

Good day,
I just use my other Airtronics 8000. and the master that is on get all its readings from. The same with my Futaba.
Tuskegee
U.S.Army(ret.) *[8D]have a mile high day*
Old 05-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You MUST set up the buddy box to have the same trim, servo directions etc. as the master has. When you flip that buddy box switch, the slave controls everything including trim settings and direction of throws.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

So if I get an Airtronics computer radio (Rd6000 for example), can I program the end points and have those work in training mode? All of my experience with boxes was using a non-computer radio with my Futaba which just went to full throws on everything. I'd like to be able to go a little lower on throws for training and keep the faster ones for myself on the master radio.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:50 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I use two RDS8000s and a buddy box cable with which to train students. This allows me to set the student's radio exactly the same as mine by duplicating the programming from the master radio, or I can reduce the student's throws on the slave box while maintaining full throws on the master box. It's a really convenient, flexible, and easy way to train.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Star7

This also allows setting high rate for the instructor's box without it being available to the student. It is important that if the Instructor takes off and trims the model, he lets the student know how many clicks to feed in or there will be a shift when control is transferred. I just wish the SD10g used the same interface as the RD/RDS8000 series.