Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6XAPS Futaba any BEEF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 01:26 PM
SeacretsOceanCity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6XAPS Futaba any BEEF?

6xaps futaba anyone have a BEEF with this radio its PCM I think it more practical for me I did want a 9C but they are so damn steep in price 250.00 to 300.00 is my max I want to spend.
Any comments How many people use 9 channel anyway?????
Old 07-20-2003, 01:45 PM
jwoolridge

Have to say although I do not own a 9c. I learned how to program one in 5 mins while helping a friend out. After that I could program it for anything. It's really simple. It took me about an hour to learn how to program a 6xa and I still didnt really understand it. The benifit of the 9c over the 6xa is that it has a lot more programable features and is really simple to program. If you have a really strong interest in this hobby I would buy the 9c because u will never want to upgrade to another radio.
Also the 9c is 10x better for helis than the 6xa is so if u have an interest in them and may get one in the future I would investe in the 9c now.
You dont buy a radio for the # of channels it has unless your into scale. You buy it for the features it offers.
Hope this helps
James
Old 07-20-2003, 03:25 PM
SeacretsOceanCity

is pcm that much of an advantage or should I go FM with the 9c or the JR 8103

I have always had FM. seems ok for me, BUT.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:00 PM
jwoolridge

Depends what your flying but either will be able to tranmit in either mode (pcm or fm). The only difference is the type of receiver it comes with. For a trainer or 30 size heli fm is fine. If you got some 1/3 extra or 60 size heli then you want pcm.
James