Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help with servos hiccup on electric airplane

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 06:12 AM
istellas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with servos hiccup on electric airplane

Hi everyone,

the last week I bought my new electric airplane (GWS ME-109), with 300 motor. Until now I only flew glow airplanes. Also I bought JETI 48 speed controller and GWS NARO+HP/BB servos with a 8.4V NiMH battery. I already own a Futaba Skyport 4 at 41MHz. I connected everything and here is the problem!!!
When I open throttle at the engine all servos start to "hiccup". As I open more the throttle the hiccup becomes faster and faster. The FUNNY thing is that when I touch the battery the hiccup stops!!! I don't have to push or hold tight the battery, just touch it with my little finger. At start when the battery is fully charged the voltmeter says around 10Volts. When the battery falls at about 7.5Volts the hiccup disappears. The bad thing is that after 3-4 minutes the speed controller cuts engine-power which is normal because of the volts. Not forget to mention that with the engine closed everything works just fine!!!
Please, does anyone have any idea what is going wrong here?

Thanx,
istellas

Fast takeoffs & safe landings
Old 07-22-2003, 12:38 AM
Lynx

Sounds like your ESC is causing feedback in your recevier, try putting a couple RF choke's or an extra bypass cap on the motor.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:30 AM
istellas

After I made a search in GWS FAQ I found this:

How many capacitors do I need on the motor and what values ?
It is a good idea to fit at least 2 capacitors to most brushed motors to cut down on the radio interference which the motor may generate. The same capacitors can be used for all brushed motors, the value does not change with the size or power of the motor. The capacitors should be soldered from each motor terminal to the motor case. For extra security against interference you can also fit a third capacitor between the 2 motor terminals.