Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR X9303 problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:29 AM
lou1947

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR X9303 problem

Yesterday while flying my gas plane it started acting up.The plane was moving to the right and left and up and down like if it was way out of trim. I decided to land before something would go wrong and crash. Upon inspection I noticed that my ailerons where way out of adjustment as well as my elevators.(one up and the other one down)I am using two channels for my elevators. I then turned off the radio and then turned it back on and all the control surfaces went back to their neutral position.To be safe I rebound the plane and then went out and flew four more times without any mishaps. Any ideas what could have gone wrong?Would that have been a glitch?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: JR X9303 problem

I had a similar problem. Ultimately found that the elevator function was mixed with the flap. Make sure you inhibit any functions that you don't want. In my case, everytime I went flying and unconciously moved the flap switch, the elevators wer WAY out of trim. It drove me nuts until I figured this out. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has your transmitter been checked for the several years ago issue with chafed wires on the transmitter aileron gimbal?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:05 PM
lou1947

Yes I had the transmiter checked and the wires were OK. Thw weird thing is that the ailerons had gotten out of center and one elevator was up while the other one was down. Once I turned the plkane off and then back on the ailerons and elevators went back to center. To be safe I rebound the radio. Since then I have flown the plane several times with no issues. The receiver is a 500 five channel.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

In various forums, the AR500 receiver has been reported to have problems. I sent mine back to Horizon for a checkup. One of the channels stopped working.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:26 AM
nk3t

I have had trouble with the AR500 creating the same symptoms. It appeared to be heat related, and would cause the channels to randomly move. Upon a close examination of the case, the plastic was deformed as if it had gotten hot at one time. If I squeezed the case, the servos would go crazy.

Apparently the first runs of this receiver had no markings for battery polarity or keyed case to prevent the battery from being inserted in reverse. Horizon service told me that if the battery has placed in the received in reserve, the receiver would fail at a later time with these symptoms.

Bottom line, send it back!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:31 AM
lou1947

Thanks I will send it to Horizon>