Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What's wrong with the radio?

Old 07-26-2003, 11:11 PM
mysos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's wrong with the radio?

I tried my old Jetstream 1000 for the first time in six years a couple of days ago. I'm going to sell it so I wanted to try everything. Now to the problem.

The boat can't go more than 30 meters before it looses contact with the reciever. All the batteries are brand new in the radio and in the boat. The highest point of the boats antenna is about 3 dm above the waterline. Any ideas on what can be wrong? I know it's not alot to go on but feel free to ask about any details.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2003, 03:33 PM
tailheavy

Check to make sure your receiver antenna is securely attached. You may have to take the receiver apart to give it a good inspection. Outside of that you have to narrow it down to Rx or Tx. Try another receiver. If it is the Rx, try one servo at a time plugged into the receiver. One of those buggers may be loading the whole Rx down.

When doing a range check what are the results?
Old 07-27-2003, 05:20 PM
mysos

Thank you. The reciever looked a bit strange inside. Maby it was water damaged. I changed to another one and it seems to works fine now.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:08 PM
tailheavy

Glad to help.