Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

EFLA 105 Mini ESC Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:39 PM
MikeSD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFLA 105 Mini ESC Question

I've been trying to find an answer to my problem and can't find it anywhere. Even the datasheet on this ESC is very sparse. Isuppose if one is familar with all of this, perhaps there's enough information. But for someone who isn't familar with these products... well let's just say the datasheet leaves a lot to be desired.

My problem is when Iconnect it to my throttle servo output, all it does is snap to full voltage. There isn't any control. Ihave a meter that can measure voltage, pulse width (if applicable), frequency, etc. and all it shows is full 11.x volts. It appears not to be working correctly. However, it might just be a compatibility issue with my receiver.

Item: EFLA 105 ESC

Some comments and questions:

1) I am using a DX6i radio, and an AR6200 receiver (i.e. air equipment).
2) The datasheet doesn't say what type of receiver it might be compatible with OR if there are even compatibility issues.
3) Is this an air ESC or surface? OR does that even apply?
4) Ihave verified my servo outputs work properly.
5) Perhaps it could be a setup issue.
6) The setup instructions, make me think this might be for a surface vehicle (i.e. center the throttle stick)
7) Should the ESC work with my AR6200 receiver?
8) If it shoud, what might Ibe doing wrong in the setup?

SETUPINSTRUCTIONS
a) Be sure the On/Off switch is in the off position and the motor is not yet connected
b)Plug the speed control trottle lead into the throttle servo receptacle on thereceiver
c) You must first properly set up the transmitter. Turn on the transmitter and place the throttle control in the center position. If you have a comuter transmitter, adjust the throttle ATV to 100%
d) Connect a fully charged battery to the battery connector on the speed control. Note the positive and negative leads. Ensure proper polarity when making the connection, because incorrect polarity will damage the speed control.
e) if you used a PCM transmitter, set the fail-safe memory on low speed.
f) Turn off all switches before connecting the motor. After connecting the motor, turn the switches on. The throttle will start from low speed.
g) Test the motor.

I think Idid all this but the motor immediately goes to full speed, as soon as the throttle is moved. Ihave tried placing the throttle at "center" and "low" positions on bind and neither seems to make any difference.

Any idea what might be going on?