Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Synthesized Radios

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 09:57 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthesized Radios

Originally posted by Strato911

Brian - do you have a HAM license? I assume you realize that moving the guts of the TrackerII into another case would void your 5 year warranty? Are you sure you could perform this "surgery" and still end up with a working system in a casing you like?
Strato,

Yes I have a Ham license, KB1DTB is my call sign.
Yes I could move all the parts and have a working radio but I did not say I would, only that the case is very uncomfortable in my hands. Will I void my warranty before sending it in for the update, no.

I own two seeker receivers and they are great, never a glitch.

Also I had been waiting for the Tracker II to come out ever since the failed Valiant 8 around 1995. Note that they have the same ugly, uncomfortable case. But that is not why the Valiant failed. I was told it did not work properly.

You may want to check your receiver harness switches.

Originally posted by Highflight
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a $1500 digital camera that has features that I will never use, and frankly, don't need to use because it does just fine in "auto" mode like most cameras have.
It's "specs" are better than the specs of cameras that cost a third as much, yet, I would have been better served with a less expensive model that would have taken pictures every bit as well as the one I have.
What was I thinking?.. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have spent so much for a camera with features that I have never used nor will ever need.
I guess there's a point there somewhere but I'll be darned if I can find it. You figure it out... I'm tired.

I would imagine that your camera takes very good photos, better than a cheaper one. I have been looking at a D100.

On a plus side for the Tracker they used G10 board for the electronics.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:30 PM
strato911

Originally posted by Skypilot_one
Also I had been waiting for the Tracker II to come out ever since the failed Valiant 8. Note that they have the same case.

You may want to check your receiver harness switches.
I haven't been in this hobby long enough to know about the Valiant 8, so I've never seen one.

<Edit>Actually, I guess I have been involved long enough (since 1990) - I just never heard of it till now.

Prior to installing the switch harness the first time (it's already in it's second plane), I removed the bottom cover to inspect the quality of workmanship (I also closely inspected the Tx guts). As a former QC of newly built computers, I am in the habit of close inspection of such things.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:36 PM
PlaneKrazee

Dennis,

I don't want to argue with you. You love your radio and that's great. I think everyone has a right to voice their opinion.

Do you think the case and sticks are comfortable?
Old 08-05-2003, 10:42 PM
strato911

Once I reduced the spring tension and stick length - YES :thumbup:

... despite having very shorth thumbs.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:57 PM
PlaneKrazee

I will have to give that a try.

Have you tried to charge the battery with a Pulse charger yet?

My Surius Pro Plus Charger didn't work but I haven't had time to look for a diode yet.

I'll look at it tonight while changing the spring tension.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:06 PM
strato911

No - I don't have a pulse charger, only an Einstein XL (timed charging, no peak detect). I HAVE cycled it without any modifications though. I guess if the discharge rate (or negative pulse in your case) is to great, there may be a poly-fuse to protect it.

<edit>FWIW - the capacity when I cycled it was well above the rated 900mAh... It measured 1150maH
Old 08-05-2003, 11:50 PM
PlaneKrazee

I think me adapter had too large an i.d..

I could not get the sticks any shorter and those springs are too stiff. If I loosen them up it is sloppy around center. The tension should stay the same thru the full range of travel not get greater the further you move the sticks. They need to use a lighter gauge, longer spring and make the threads on the sticks shorter for my taste.

Brian
Old 08-06-2003, 10:59 AM
houfek

Default Tracker !!

Brian......
Let us know if you find the diode......even better if you could post a .jpg of your installed jumper.
I too use the Sirius charger and noticed that George at Peak has not posted a jumper pic for the Tracker.....

Thanks....

Jim
Old 08-06-2003, 07:30 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

My short term plan for charging the Tracker is to use a short extention in the battery compartment which will make removing the battery more convenient.